Fair and responsible banking - maintaining high standards of conduct and improving outcomes for our customers - is at the core of our Sustainability Framework.
We are seeking to keep pace with the expectations of our customers, employees and the community, behaving fairly and responsibly, and maintaining high standards of conduct. To do this we will:
- Implement strengthened Consequence Management Framework, applicable to employees in breach of our Code of Conduct, by 2019.
- Improve (or where ranked #1, maintain) our Net Promoter Score ranking relative to peers in our Retail, Commercial and Institutional businesses (Australia and New Zealand).
- Communicate with more than 700,000 of our retail and commercial customers by 2019 to help them get more value from our products and services and establish positive financial behaviours, such as improved savings habits (Australia).
- Implement new Dispute Resolution Principles by 2019 (Australia).
- Continue to allocate dedicated resources to customer remediation to improve our processes and ensure that by 2020 we have:
- decreased the time taken to reimburse customers; and
- delivered an education program to employees to share ‘lessons learnt’ from customer remediation and to prevent future remediation from occurring (Australia Division).
We publicly report on our progress against these targets in our sustainability reporting.
One of our strategic priorities is to deliver a purpose and values-led transformation of the bank.
We are a subscriber to the Banking Code of Practice, a voluntary code of conduct for member banks of the Australian Bankers’ Association.
We recognise that we have a role to play in supporting our customers to minimise and manage their social and environmental impacts.
As a signatory since 2006, we have fully integrated compliance with the Equator Principles into our policies and processes.
Our human rights standards guide the way we treat our employees, promote a culture of respect with our customers and suppliers, and contribute to the communities in which we operate. They provide a framework for decision-making that is aligned with stakeholder expectations and reflects developments in human rights, including the United Nations Guiding Principles and the Sustainable Development Goals.
We manage the social and environmental impact of our procurement decisions and work in partnership to influence the performance of our supply chain.