Be on the lookout for fraud
While ANZ works around the clock to help protect your accounts from fraud, it's important to be aware of the risks – regardless of your age, background or income.
Learn how to identify fraud and how to protect yourself from common scams, and always contact us if you notice any unusual activity on your cards or accounts. We’re here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Hoax calls and messages
If you have received a hoax/suspicious email or text claiming to be from ANZ:
- Do NOT click on any links.
- Immediately forward the email or SMS to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delete it from your inbox.
Contact ANZ immediately if you’ve:
- shared your banking details in response to a hoax phone call, email or SMS
- accidentally clicked on any links or downloaded any attachments
- noticed any unusual transactions on your accounts
Remember that ANZ will never send you an email asking for your account details, financial details, or your log in details for ANZ Phone Banking, ANZ Mobile Banking or ANZ Internet Banking.