Building a culture of respect for all people and communities is one our key organisational values. The inclusion of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Intersex and Queer (LGBTIQ+) customers, communities and staff is an important part of that work.
Within ANZ we are focused on:
- raising awareness of LGBTIQ+ issues through education to promote respect and inclusion
- providing support through networks, information, training and resources
- taking action by ensuring unconscious bias is removed from policies and processes and
- building community engagement through our various partnerships.
ANZ is proud to be recognised as a leading employer for LGBTIQ+ inclusion:
- Platinum Employer in the 2019 Australian Workplace Equality Index
- Silver Employer in the 2019 Hong Kong LGBT+ Inclusion Index
- Rainbow Tick Accredited organisation in New Zealand
Results of these benchmarks provide us with key areas of focus to inform our approach to LGBTIQ+ inclusion.
Our success depends on us having an engaged, diverse and inclusive workforce, and employees who deeply understand and connect with their colleagues, our customers and communities across our 34 markets.
ANZ is proud to have an LGBTIQ+ network available to our employees since 2007. The aim of ANZ Pride is to be a voice, contact point and support mechanism for both LGBTIQ+ people and allies as well as to increase diversity, inclusion and respect through active engagement of our people.
Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras
ANZ is Principal Partner of Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras and has been a major sponsor and participant since 2007.
Read more about our involvement on our Sponsorships page.
In 2018 ANZ developed the ANZ Sydney Mardi Gras Community Grants, extending our support and commitment to the LGBTIQ+ community beyond the official Mardi Gras festivities. The grants provide financial funding for a wide range of purposes including education and training, community development and creation, arts and culture.