Authorising transactions is a straight forward and secure process, applicable to ANZ Internet Banking for Business customers with the relevant authority.
- Transactions must be approved within a specific authorisation time limit, set up at registration.
- Transactions must be approved by the cut-off time on the day before the payment is scheduled.
How do I authorise a transaction?
Step 1 - Select the relevant transaction and click "Authorise"
- Select the relevant payment/transfer, using the radio buttons under the "Select" column.
- Click "Authorise".
Step 2 - Review summary of transaction details
- The following information will display for the transaction:
- The details of the payment account.
- Transfer details including the payment status, payment type, creator, transfer instructions, payment date, lodgement number, etc.
- The recipient's details.
Step 3 - Enter your Security Code (if applicable)
Depending on the amount and type of the payment, you may be asked to enter the Security Code from your ANZ Security Device.
If you do not want to authorise the payment, click on the "Cancel" button on the bottom left. This will take you back to the authorisations summary list.
If you are happy to proceed with the payment, enter the Security Code and click on the "Authorise" button on the lower right side of the page.
Step 4 - View your lodgement receipt
Depending on the number of authorisations required, there will be one of two possible scenarios:
Scenario 1 - Additional authorisation required
- Some accounts are set up with multiple authorisations required before payments/transfers can be submitted for processing.
- If this is the case and there are further authorisations needed, the lodgement receipt page will not display at this point.
- Instead the "Authorise payments/transfers" page will display with the authorisations summary list.
- After the last authorisation is completed the lodgement receipt will display, indicating the payment/transfer has been submitted for processing.
Scenario 2 - No more authorisations required
- If this authorisation is the final or only one required for the payment/transfer, you'll see a lodgement receipt at this point.
- Your lodgement receipt page confirms that your transaction has been submitted successfully.
- This does not mean the transaction will be processed successfully as that is dependent on the details you have entered being accurate and sufficient funds being available in the account from which the payment is to be made.
- Please make a note of the receipt number and lodgement number for your own records.
When you are transferring money it is your responsibility to ensure the details you provide are correct.
We do not check payment details.
If payment details are incorrect it may result in an unsuccessful transfer or the wrong recipient receiving funds.
If you have a query about a payment, please send us a SecureMail or contact the ANZ Internet Banking for Business team on 1800 269 242(International callers: +61 3 8699 6906) between 8.00am and 8.00pm (AEST), Monday to Friday.