0% p.a for the first 16 months on Balance Transfers.
2% Balance Transfer Fee applies
Travelling overseas with your credit card
Let us know before you go
This will make sure ANZ Falcon™ doesn’t stop any of your overseas transactions.
Call 13 13 14
More credit card tips for your travels
Get a PIN for your credit card
If you haven’t already, make sure you get a PIN as merchants in some countries don’t accept signatures to authorise transactions on a credit card. Call us on 13 13 14 to have a new PIN sent to you in the post or visit any ANZ branch to setup a new PIN straight away.
Take more than one card
Depending on your circumstances, you may wish to consider taking additional ANZ cards, like an ANZ Access Visa Debit card and/or an ANZ Travel Card. This can also help when using ATMs that don’t let you choose between transaction accounts and credit accounts to withdraw money, which may lead to additional transaction fees being incurred on your accounts.This will also mean you have a backup payment option in case of loss or theft.
Take back up funds in a variety of forms
When you land in a foreign country, it’s good to have funds available in a variety of forms, and to have a small amount of local currency for small purchases. It’s worthwhile hiding some funds away in case of an emergency.
Which overseas ATM should you use?
Make sure that the symbols on the ATM correspond with your card so that you can access the account you want.
For access to:
- Visa credit and debit cards: use Visa Plus ATMs
- MasterCard® credit cards: use MasterCard Cirrus ATMs
- Savings* accounts on ANZ Access cards: use Maestro and Cirrus enabled ATMs.
Overseas fees and charges
If you make purchases overseas with your ANZ credit card, you may have to pay an overseas transaction fee. You may also have to pay a cash advance fee and an ATM operator fee if you use an overseas ATM. Other fees may also be applicable. For full details, please refer to the ANZ Personal Banking Account Fees and Charges (PDF 139kB) booklet, ANZ Personal Banking General Fees and Charges (PDF 114kB) booklet and ANZ Credit Cards Condition of Use (PDF 468kB) booklet, available online and in ANZ branches in Australia.
Before you leave Australia
- Check the expiry date on all of your cards that you are taking with you to ensure they will not expire while you are away. If you need a replacement card, want to apply for a different credit card or want to apply for a credit limit increase, contact us on 13 13 14 or log on to Internet Banking.
- Remember to set up your ANZ Internet Banking, ANZ goMoney®disclaimer and ANZ Phone Banking before you go, so that you can access your ANZ accounts while travelling. If you are already set up and your CRN is your card number, we recommend changing over to a 9 digit CRN so that in the event your card is lost or stolen, you will still have access to your ANZ accounts. Call 13 33 50 (or +61 3 9683 8833 from overseas) to change your CRN.
- If you’re away for a long time, it may be worth setting up automatic payments to your credit card account. Not only is it convenient, but it also ensures that your monthly ANZ credit card payment is paid on time and can help avoid unintended late payment fees. You can do so by setting up a future payment on ANZ Internet Banking or by setting up a CardPay Direct (PDF 64kB) facility.