- ANZ Falcon™ provides round-the-clock monitoring for suspicious transactions
- You won't be liable for fraudulent transactions on your ANZ credit card account with ANZ Fraud Money Back Guaranteedisclaimer
- Worldwide emergency credit card replacement.
You could be eligible for these complimentary insurances when you make eligible purchases on your card:
- 90-day Purchase Security Insurancedisclaimer - insurance against loss, theft or breakage over a range of new personal goods when the entire purchase is charged to your ANZ Platinum card.
- Extended Warranty Insurancedisclaimer - double the manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty on a range of personal goods by up to 12 months when the entire purchase is charged to your ANZ First card.
Just tap and go
Securely pay for purchases under $100 with ANZ Visa payWave ™ – simply tap and go with your card at participating merchants – no need to swipe, dip or enter a PIN.
More reasons to choose ANZ First for Students
Easy ways to bank
ANZ goMoney® gives you a great way to bank on your iPhone or Android. Plus Apple Pay®, Android Pay™ and ANZ Mobile Pay let you use your compatible Apple® or Android™ device to tap and pay with an eligible ANZ card,disclaimer so you can continue to get the same great benefits and security. You can also use our Smart ATMs, ANZ Internet Banking and ANZ Phone Banking, or set up direct debit with CardPay Direct (PDF 64kB).
To apply for an ANZ First for students credit card, you need to:
- Be 18 years of age or over and studying full-time at an eligible Australian educational institution
- Be earning at least $15,000 per year. This can include part time work, Youth Allowance and Austudy
- Be a non-Australian permanent resident with more than 9 months remaining on your Visa, earning a minimum annual income of $15,000 or have $20,000 in Australian Authorised Deposit-taking Institution (ADI) accounts
Details to have handy
- Australian driver’s licence number (if you have one)
- Details of your income, expenses, assets and liabilities
- Two recent pay slips for income verification
- If you’re self-employed, you’ll need your accountant’s phone number
All applications for credit are subject to ANZ's credit approval criteria. Terms and Conditions apply and are available on application. Fees, charges and eligibility criteria apply.
ANZ goMoney™ is provided by and is a trademark of ANZ.
™ ANZ Falcon is a trademark of Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) ABN 11 005 357 522. Falcon is a trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation.
ANZ's colour blue is a trademark of ANZ.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.
The ANZ First Annual Account Fee (“Annual Fee”) will be waived for the first year for students studying full time at an eligible Australian educational institution. After the first year for ANZ First, an Annual Fee of $30 applies. This fee is current as at 13 January 2015 and is subject to change. The fee information displayed on this page applies to new customers only. Existing customers may be subject to different fees and should call 13 22 73 for information regarding the fees that apply to their account. ANZ reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time.Back to top
For all applicable fees & charges please see the ANZ Personal Banking Account Fees and Charges (PDF 139kB) and ANZ Personal Banking General Fees and Charges (PDF 155kB).Back to top
Standard annual percentage interest rate is on purchases, on cash advances and on standard balance transfers as at and is subject to change.Back to top
Interest free periods on purchases do not apply if you do not pay the Closing Balance (or, if applicable, the 'Closing Balance' less instalment Plan and Buy Now Pay Later plan balances) shown on each statement of account in full by the applicable due date. Payments to your account are applied in the order set out in the ANZ Credit Cards Conditions of Use (PDF 468kB).Back to top
Extended Warranty Insurance and 90-day Purchase Security Insurance are part of a group policy issued by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035, AFSL 239545 to ANZ. Access to the benefit of cover is provided to eligible ANZ cardholders by operation of s48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. For more information refer to the ANZ Credit Cards Insurance Features Brochure (108kB).Back to top
Provided the cardholder didn’t contribute to the loss and notified ANZ promptly of the fraud.Back to top
Mobile payments available on compatible devices and eligible ANZ cards. View the full list at anz.com/mobilepayments.
Terms and conditions apply to the use of Apple Pay.
Terms and conditions apply to the use of Android Pay.
Terms and conditions apply to the use of ANZ Mobile Pay.
Apple, Apple Pay and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android, Android Pay and the Android Logo are trademarks of Google Inc..Back to top