"Pay Anyone" is an easy way to make a payment from your account to someone else’s account. You can pay to any Australian Financial Institution (bank, building society, credit union).
All you need to make a Pay Anyone payment is the BSB and Account number or PayID of the intended recipient. A PayID may be a phone number, email address, Australian Business Number (ABN)/Australian Company Number (ACN) or organisation ID (Org ID).
Please note to make a payment to a PayID you’ll need to have an eligible ANZ bank account.
Please note you cannot use Pay Anyone to transfer to a credit card account (including your own ANZ Credit Card) or to an international account.
In order to use Pay Anyone you must first register for the service.
How do I register for Pay Anyone?
Step 1 - Navigate to "Pay Anyone"
- Go to the "Payments" menu.
- Select "Pay Anyone access" and follow the steps below.
Step 2 - Select your daily limit and select "Submit"
- The daily limit is the maximum payment amount per day for Pay Anyone, international services, the purchase of bank cheques and donations to charity through ANZ Internet Banking.
- As an ANZ personal customer your daily limit can range from $1,000 to $10,000 (and up to $25,000 if you’re registered for ANZ Shield).
- As an ANZ business customer using ANZ Internet Banking your daily limit can range from $5,000 to $25,000 (and up to $50,000 if you’re registered for ANZ Shield)
- As an ANZ business customer using ANZ Internet Banking for Business you can apply for a daily limit of up to $1,000,000.
- Only the limits available to you will be displayed.
Please note: The $1,000,000 limit requires higher authentication by ANZ and you may be contacted for further information to verify payment details.
If this information cannot be verified, payments may be cancelled.
Step 3 - Activate Pay Anyone
We take the security of your personal account and information seriously and have a range of security measures to help verify your identity when activating your Pay Anyone access.
The next step may differ depending on the limit chosen and your security setting.
Enter your ANZ Shield Code
If you are registered for ANZ Shield, our free security app, you may be prompted to enter your ANZ Shield Code.
- When prompted, open the ANZ Shield app on your phone and generate a Shield Code.
- Enter your Shield Code into ANZ Internet Banking.
- You’ll be able to make Pay Anyone payments with your selected daily limit.
Answer your challenge questions
Alternatively, if you’re presented with a challenge question:
- Enter the answer to your challenge question/s and select "Continue" to proceed.
- If your answers to your challenge question/s do not match your saved responses, you may not be able to activate your Pay Anyone access.
- If you successfully answer your challenge question/s you’ll be able to make Pay Anyone payments with your selected daily limit.
Need more help?
Choose another topic from the table of contents
Send us a SecureMail
For further assistance please call the ANZ Internet Banking team on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9683 8833) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.