Our "Pay BPAY bill" service is an easy way to pay a bill to any registered BPAY® biller. All you need is the biller code and reference number, both located on your bill.
You can set recurring BPAY® bill payments for a specific period of time or allow the payments to continue until you wish to stop them.
How do I make BPAY bill payments?
Making a BPAY® bill payment is easy.
Step 1 - Navigate to "Pay BPAY bill"
- Select the "Payments" menu
- Select "Pay BPAY bill".
Step 2 - Select the account to make the payment from
- Select the account after doing the following:
- looking through your accounts; or
- filtering your accounts using the filter textbox (look for the magnifying glass):
- Enter characters of your account’s BSB, Account number, Account name, Available funds or Current balance
- To filter on Available funds or Current balance, be sure to include any commas. Eg. Type in 2,300 rather than 2300.
- Note: Only the accounts valid for this type of payment will be shown.
- If you change your mind and want to select a different account, either:
- Select the new account (if the view toggle is set to “Tile”); or
- Select the dropdown and then select a new account (if the view toggle is set to “List”)
Step 3 - Select a BPAY biller to make a payment to
You can choose between two options:
Option 1 - Select an existing biller
- Select the biller you wish to pay after doing the following:
- looking through your billers; or
- filtering your billers using the filter textbox (look for the magnifying glass).
- Enter characters of your biller’s nickname, Biller name, Biller Code, or reference number
- If you change your mind and want to select a different biller, either:
- Select the new biller (if the view toggle is set to “Tile”); or
- Select the dropdown and then select a new biller (if the view toggle is set to “List”)
- Why do some biller names show an asterisk or star?
- Note: If you need to delete or save changes to an existing biller in your BPAY biller list, you can’t do it from here. Find out how to make changes to your BPAY Biller list.
Option 2 - Create a new biller
- Select "Create a new biller"
- Enter or select the Biller Code or Biller name located on your bill. Why do some biller names show an asterisk or star?
- Enter the Reference number also located on your bill
- Enter a Biller nickname
- If you want this biller to be available for other BPAY bill payments, select "Save this biller to my BPAY biller list"
- Select "Continue"
- Note: the system will only save the biller to your BPAY biller list once you reach step 7.
Step 4 - Enter your payment details
Enter the payment details:
Amount: Enter the amount you wish to pay, using a decimal point, if applicable. Note that some billers require a payment for the exact amount on the bill. These billers are indicated under the Biller Code and Biller Reference details on your bill.
Reference number: This field is only required if your biller provides a new reference number for each new bill. These billers display an asterisk (star) by their biller name.
Step 5 - Select your payment schedule
Select your payment schedule from the three "Make payment" options:
Option 1 - Create a one off bill payment for today
- Select the "Today" option (if not already selected).
Option 2 - Create a one off payment for a future date
- Select the "Later" option
- Enter or select a date for your payment.
Option 3 - Create a schedule of regular payments
- Select the "Recurring" option
- Select the "Frequency" of your payments. Either Daily, Weekly, Fortnightly, Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-annually or Annually.
- Enter or select a start date. Your first payment will be made on this date
- Specify when you want the payment schedule to end. The options are:
- Never: The payments will continue to be made until you delete the scheduled payment(s). See Delete a future payment/transfer for more information.
- After: Enter the number of payments to be made.
- On: Enter or select a date using the calendar icon. Payments will continue until this date. This must be a date within the next 10 years.
- Select "Continue" to proceed.
Step 6 - Review and confirm
- Review all your information to ensure it is correct. If you notice mistakes, select "Back" and re-enter the correct details in steps 2-5
- When you are happy with the information entered, select "Confirm"
If you are an ANZ Internet Banking for Business Operator, you will instead select "Request authorisation" to submit the BPAY® bill payment to the relevant Authoriser for approval.
Note: Certain billers require a payment for the exact amount on the bill and/or they require the payment to be made by the due date. For such billers, your payment may be returned to you, or may not be processed at all, if you do not satisfy these requirements. These billers are indicated under the Biller Code and Biller Reference details on your bill.
Step 7 - View your lodgement receipt
- Your lodgement receipt is displayed to confirm that the bill payment has been submitted successfully
- You’ll also receive a receipt number immediately if you selected “Today” as your payment schedule. If the payment is scheduled for a future date, the receipt number will be available once your payment is actually processed.
- The lodgement receipt doesn't necessarily mean the bill payment will be processed successfully as that is dependent on the details you have entered being accurate and on sufficient available funds being in the account on the set date(s)
- Please make a note of the lodgement number and receipt number (if available) for your own records.
- Future dated payments require cleared funds in your account prior to 11.59pm Melbourne time on the day before the scheduled payment date, or your payment will be unsuccessful
- When you are making a bill payment it is your responsibility to ensure the details you provide are correct. We do not check payment details. If payment details are incorrect it may result in an unsuccessful bill payment or the wrong biller or account receiving funds.
- If you have made a mistake in your bill payment you can send the details via ANZ Internet Banking’s Enquire about a past BPAY® bill payment function or call ANZ Internet Banking Helpdesk on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9683 8833) 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It may take up to 21 days for the resolution of a BPAY dispute.
Need more help?
Choose another topic from the table of contents
Send us a SecureMail
For further assistance please call the ANZ Internet Banking team on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9683 8833) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.