The Customer Advocate’s role is to provide a voice for our customers, in order to facilitate and promote fair customer outcomes.
The Customer Advocate is committed to supporting the following principles of the Banking Code of Practice:
- Earning and retaining the trust of our customers and the community
- Making promises and keeping them to deliver good customer and community experiences
- Building and sustaining a culture based on strong ethical foundations
Meg Dalling is ANZ’s Customer Advocate and, together with her team, supports our retail and small business customers in a number of ways:
- Helping to drive fairer dispute resolution outcomes, with a focus on sensitive and complex cases, including those involving customers in vulnerable circumstances
- Reviewing key customer themes to identify opportunities to enhance products, services, systems and processes within the bank
- Helping to facilitate better decision-making and fairer outcomes for customers through the use of insights and perspectives, including those sought from the community
The Customer Advocate meets regularly with community organisations and participates actively in industry forums to ensure our approach is informed by best practice and lived experience.
The team is also responsible for leading ANZ’s strategic approach to customer vulnerability which includes a focus on strengthening our support for customers impacted by family violence and financial abuse, supporting our Indigenous customers particularly in remote communities, and promoting inclusive banking for all customers, including through ANZ’s Accessibility and Inclusion Plan.
You can contact the Customer Advocate by emailing: CustomerAdvocate@anz.com.