skip to log on skip to main content
VoiceOver users please use the tab key when navigating expanded menus


While you can’t predict what tomorrow will bring, you can help protect your financial future and loved ones by taking out insurance.

Types of home insurance

Home and contents insurance

Ideal for homeowners, this provides maximum cover for the total cost of repairing or rebuilding your home at today’s standards and prices, following an insured event. You can take out building only or a combined home and contents policy.

Learn more about ANZ Home and Contents Insurance 

Contents insurance

Ideal for renters or strata property owners, this covers the cost of replacing what’s inside your home and outside your property, if it’s damaged, lost or stolen.

Learn more about ANZ Contents Insurance 

Landlord insurance

This protects your investment property and can include building or contents only or a combined home and contents policy.

Learn more about ANZ Landlord Insurance 

What’s the difference between home and contents insurance?

Imagine you tipped your home upside down. Generally, home insurance covers everything fixed to your floors, walls and ceiling while contents insurance covers everything that falls out.

Why insure your life, income or home loan?

Life insurance

If you became terminally ill or passed away, life insurance would provide a lump sum payment to help support your loved ones long after you’re gone. This could help to cover the mortgage, any other outstanding debts or living expenses.

Learn more about Ezicover Life Insurance 

Income protection

If you can’t work due to illness or injury, income protection provides monthly payments to help protect your lifestyle and financial wellbeing while you focus on recovery.

Learn more about Ezicover Income Protection 

Home loan protection

If you were unable to work due to illness or injury - or if you were to pass away - home loan protection would help cover your home loan repayments.

Learn more about ANZ Home Loan Protection 

Insurance tips and guides


Do I need insurance if my property is managed by strata?

Do you live in a strata managed property? Make sure you understand what strata insurance covers and what extra protection you may need.


Home and contents insurance FAQs

Learn how premiums are calculated, what of your home and contents can be covered while you’re travelling, how to reduce your premium, and more.


What are the leading causes of death in Australia?

Death continues to be a largely taboo topic despite it happening to us all. Read more to find out how you can protect yourself and your loved ones.


Track your spending and stay on top of your money

Feeling anxious about your finances and want to manage money better? Smart habits, saving tips and strategies can help.


Need help with your cover?

If you want to make an insurance claim or have any questions about your current insurance policy, we’re here to help.

Make a claim  Contact us

For medical condition updates to current insurance policies, see other insurance product documents 

This information is current as at date of publication and is subject to change.

The issuer of this information is ANZ. While ANZ has taken care to ensure that this information is from reliable sources, it cannot warrant its accuracy, completeness or suitability for your intended use. To the extent permitted by law, ANZ does not accept any responsibility or liability arising from your use of this information.

ANZ Home Insurance is issued by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited (ABN 78 003 191 035, AFSL 239 545) (QBE). ANZ recommends that you read the ANZ Financial Services Guide (PDF 479kB), ANZ Home Building Key Facts Sheet (PDF 130kB)ANZ Home Contents Key Facts Sheet (PDF 130kB) and the ANZ Home Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (PDF 548kB) (available by calling 13 16 14), before deciding whether to acquire, or to continue to hold, these products.

ANZ Landlord Insurance is issued by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited (ABN 78 003 191 035, AFSL 239 545) (QBE) and distributed by ANZ under its own license. ANZ recommends that you read the ANZ Financial Services Guide (PDF 129kB) and ANZ Landlord Insurance Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Document (PDF 709kB) (available online or by calling 13 16 14) before deciding whether to acquire, or to continue to hold, this product.

The Ezicover insurance products described on this website are issued by Zurich Australia Limited (Zurich), ABN 92 000 010 195, AFSL 232510 of 118 Mount Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060. Ezicover is a registered trademark of Zurich. ANZ has entered into a long-term strategic alliance agreement with Zurich. The content on this page relates to policies issued from 29 March 2021 under the Ezicover Life Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (PDF 223kB). If you buy a Zurich Ezicover policy ANZ receives 20% commission (excluding government charges) of your insurance premium.

OnePath Life has adopted the Life Insurance Code of Practice (the Code), which contains minimum standards of service that customers can expect from insurers. The Code can be found at

OnePath Life is a part of the Zurich Financial Services Australia Group (Zurich)

Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) (ABN 11 005 357 522, AFSL 234 527 is an authorised deposit taking institution (Bank) under the Banking Act 1959 (Cth). The issuers of these products are not Banks. Although ANZ distributes these products and except as described in the relevant PDS, ANZ does not stand behind or guarantee the issuers or the products.

This information is of a general nature and has been prepared without taking account of your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on the information, you should consider whether the information is appropriate for you having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs.

You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.