A PayID lets you use your mobile number, email address or ABN/ACN to receive secure payments quickly.
To create a PayID using an ABN/ACN, you’ll need an eligible bank account and an ABN/ACN to link it to.
Note: To link an ABN/ACN to an eligible account you’ll need to own it and have it registered to an ANZ business account. If you have an ABN/ACN that isn’t registered to an ANZ account that you’d like to use to create a PayID, please visit your local branch with your business registration documents.
How do I create a PayID with an ABN/ACN?
To create a PayID, you’ll need to be logged in to ANZ Internet Banking.
- Select “Manage your PayIDs”.
- Select “Create a new PayID”.
Step 1 – Select ABN/ACN as your PayID type
- Select “ABN/ACN” from the list of available PayID types
- Then select “Next”.
- Note: if you don’t have an eligible ANZ business account you won’t be able to see “ABN/ACN” as a PayID type
- Note: if “ABN/ACN” appears greyed out it may be because;
- You don’t have an ABN/ACN; or
- Your ABN/ACN hasn’t been registered with ANZ; or
- You have already linked your ABN/ACN to an eligible ANZ bank account.
Step 2 – Select your ABN/ACN
- Any ABN/ACNs that you’ve registered with ANZ will be displayed on this screen. Either;
- Confirm the ABN/ACN that you’d like to use as your PayID if you have only ABN/ACN; or
- Select the ABN/ACN that you’d like to use as your PayID you have more than one available.
- Select “Next”.
- Note: If an ABN/ACN is greyed out and cannot be selected it is because you’ve already used it to create a PayID.
- Note: if you can’t see the ABN/ACN that you’d like to use to create your PayID you’ll need to visit your local branch with your business registration documents.
Step 3 – Select an account to link to your ABN/ACN
- From the list of accounts, select that eligible account that you’d like payments sent to your ABN/ACN to be deposited into.
- After you’ve selected an eligible account, either;
- Confirm the name that will be displayed for payee receipts and confirmations if you only have one available name; or
- Select the name that will be displayed for payee receipts and confirmations if you have more than one available name.
- Select “Next”.
- Note: the names displayed on this page are your ANZ contact name and the name linked to the eligible account you selected. You will only see one name on this page if both of these names are the same.
- Note: You can only link associated business accounts that are PayID eligible to your ABN/ACN to create a PayID. Bank accounts that appear greyed out on this screen cannot be selected as they aren’t eligible to be linked to your ABN/ACN. Click here for a list of PayID eligible accounts.
Step 4 – Submission
- If your submission is successful you will see a successfully submitted screen.
- After you’ve carefully read the information provided on this page, either;
- Select “Done” to return to the “Manage your PayIDs” page, or;
- Select “How to use your PayID” to learn more about how to use your PayID.
Step 5 – Completion
- You will receive a message to the contact details you’ve registered with ANZ when your PayID has been successfully created and is ready to use.
- You can now receive fast and secure payments to the ABN/ACN that you’ve linked to your bank account and used to create your PayID.