Your client list comprises of the debtors you have saved to your ANZ Internet Banking in order to receive direct debits from them. When creating direct debits you can select previously saved clients from your list and avoid filling in their details each time.
You can easily add a new direct debit client.
How do I add a new direct debit client?
ANZ Internet Banking for Business customers can add clients to their direct debit client list for re-use.
To add a client/debtor to your client list:
- Go to the "Payments" menu
- Select "Set up business Direct debit"
- Select the "Manage client list" link
- The direct debit client list displays all of your saved clients
- Then select the "Add client" link and follow the steps below.
Step 1 - Enter the client/debtor name
- Client name: enter the client name, using a maximum of 20 characters.
- The name can contain letters, numbers, hyphens, spaces and single quotes and is case sensitive.
- It cannot include any other special characters (e.g.@#$ %^*).
- It will help you identify the client for future direct debits so make sure it is clear.
Step 2 - Enter the client/debtor account details
- BSB number: this will be a 6 digit number. Do not include any spaces or dashes.
- Account number: will be a maximum of 9 digits.
- Account name: this may be used by some financial institution to correctly identify the account when making payments.
You must ensure this information is correct as errors in BSB or account numbers will result in unsuccessful payments or the wrong client/debtor being debited.
Step 3 - Save the client/debtor
If you are happy with the information select "Save".
This will save the client/debtor's information in your direct debits client list.
Next time you want to receive a direct debit from this person you can select them, using the "From" drop down list.