Make a balance transfer from a non-ANZ credit card to your existing ANZ credit card
Promotional balance transfer rate*: 1.99% p.a. for 6 months
There is no fee charged to transfer the balance.
*Reverts to the standard balance transfer rate, currently after 6 months. Existing customers only. T&Cs and eligibility criteria apply. The standard balance transfer rate of is current as at and is subject to change.
Complete the Balance transfer application form using promo code: BT196.
If the promo code is not included in the application form, then the standard balance transfer rate may apply.
Details to have handy:
- the other account issuers’ name
- card type
- account number
- BPAY® biller code
- amount to be transferred.
Conditions of the balance transfer to your existing ANZ credit card
ANZ accepts balance transfers of $100 or more from certain non-ANZ accounts (for example, a credit, charge or store card account).
ANZ cannot accept a balance transfer:
- from other ANZ credit card accounts
- from credit cards issued outside Australia
- if the balance of your card has reached 95% or more of the available credit limit balance
- if your existing account is in default at the time the application is received.
Please note: The maximum total balance transfer amount is 95% of your available funds at the time the balance transfer is processed, or $30,000, whichever is lower. If processing your balance transfer means your card has reached 95% or more of your available credit limit, we won't be able to process the full amount (we may, however, be able to process part of the balance).
The offer is for a Promotional Plan balance transfer of 1.99% p.a. for 6 months. The balance transfer amount will be charged interest at the Promotional Plan annual percentage interest rate from the date the balance transfer is processed. At the end of the Promotional Plan period, the standard annual percentage rate for balance transfers will apply to any unpaid Promotional Plan balance. Payments to your account are applied in accordiance with the ANZ Credit Cards Conditions of Use (PDF 432kB).
No balance transfer fee applies to this offer.
Payments to your nominated account(s) can take between 3 and 15 business days depending on the institution(s) to which the payments are being made.
You must continue to make payments to your non-ANZ account(s) while the balance transfer application is being processed. You will also need to keep paying off any remaining non-ANZ account balance(s) once the transfer is complete. Performing a balance transfer does not close your account(s) at other financial institutions.
This is a limited-time only offer which may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice. Offer available in respect of balances transferred from non-ANZ credit and store card accounts only. Not available in respect of balances transferred from an existing ANZ account.
The standard annual percentage interest rate is on cash advances and on standard balance transfers as at and is subject to change.
For details about all applicable fees aand charges, please refer to your Letter of Offer, ANZ Credit Cards Conditions of Use (PDF 432kB), ANZ Personal Banking Account Fees and Charges (PDF 199kB) and ANZ Personal Banking General Fees and Charges (PDF 169kB).
ANZ balance transfer benefits
- Transfer your card balances from non-ANZ credit or store cards onto one card – combine and bring together your outstanding balances into one regular repayment
- You could save on fees, if you’ve been paying fees across a few different credit and store cards
- We’ll make things easier by helping you sort out the transfers
Promotional balance transfer interest rates for new customers
You can transfer your non-ANZ credit card or store card debt onto any ANZ personal credit card account (subject to approval) but some of our cards have promotional balance transfer ratesdisclaimer to help you save more.
Look at the credit cards below with promotional balance transfer interest rates for new customers:
How to make a balance transfer when applying for a new ANZ credit card
- Complete the balance transfer section on your credit card application form with your other credit card's details:
- the other account issuer's name
- card type
- account number
- BPAY® biller code
- amount to be transferred
Remember to carefully check the details entered, as otherwise the balance transfer may not work or you could end up transferring a balance from an incorrect account.
- Activate your card - once your ANZ credit card application is approved, you'll be sent your new ANZ credit card with relevant instructions.
- Once your credit card is activated:
- your balance transfer will be processed automatically (usually within 3-15 business days of activating your new card)
- if a promotional balance transfer interest rate applies, the promotional period will commence from the date of the Letter of Offer, not when the balance transfer is processed (which is usually 3-15 business days after card activation, depending on where the balance is being transferred from)
- we may contact you to verify your balance transfer details
- When the balance transfer is successfully completed, it'll appear on your credit card account statement.
Was the balance transfer subject to a Promotional Plan? If it was, the transaction will also appear under the heading 'Accepted Promotions' on your ANZ credit card statement. The applicable interest rate and expiry date of the Promotional Plan will also be shown here.
More information about balance transfers
Balance Transfer Fees
You may need to pay a one-off Balance Transfer Fee when you take up a promotional balance transfer offer.disclaimer Check the terms of your promotional offer to find out if a balance transfer fee applies.
How is a Balance Transfer Fee calculated?
Where applicable, a Balance Transfer Fee is usually calculated as a percentage of the balance being transferred to your ANZ credit card account.disclaimer When this fee applies, it’ll be identified in the terms and conditions relating to the promotional balance transfer offer.
Does ANZ arrange for the other card account(s) to be closed?
No. Once ANZ has paid or part-paid the balance on your other card account(s), it's your choice whether you close that card account(s). Remember, the original account(s) will stay open until you arrange its closure with your other bank, financial institution or relevant store.
Do I earn Reward Points or Qantas Points when I transfer my balance?
No, you will not earn Reward Points or Qantas Points on balances transferred.
Balance transfers and interest free periods
If you have a credit card that offers interest free periods on purchases, these interest free days only apply if you’ve paid off your closing balance (or if applicable, your ‘Adjusted Closing Balance’) in full by the due date. Your Adjusted Closing Balance is calculated as your closing balance less the sum of any relevant Promotional Plan balances that relate to an Instalment Plan, a Buy Now Pay Later plan, or a Promotional Balance Transfer Plan. If you haven’t paid off your closing balance (or if applicable, your ‘Adjusted Closing Balance’) in full by the due date you’ll be charged interest on purchases.disclaimer
Got a question about balance transfers?
If you’d like to know more or would like help organising a balance transfer - call us on 1800 007 511.
Compare our ANZ credit cards