Your Pay Anyone payee list is comprised of the recipients you have saved in order to make Pay Anyone payments to them in the future.
You can remove a payment type linked to a payee if you wish, however you can link and store up to 20 payment types for a single payee.
Note: Payment types include BSB and Account numbers, phone numbers, email addresses, ABN/ACNs and Organisation IDs.
How to do I edit an email address for an existing payee?
To edit an email address for an existing payee, you’ll need to be logged in to ANZ Internet Banking.
Step 1 – Navigate to “Manage payees”
Go to the “Settings” menu.
Select “Manage payees”.
Step 2 – Edit an email address
- Find the payee you wish to edit after doing the following:
- Looking through your payees; or
- Filtering your payees using the filter textbox (look for the magnifying glass).
- Enter characters of your payee’s nickname or any payment type.
- Select “Edit” next to the payee you wish to edit the payment type of.
- Select “Edit” next to the payment type you wish to edit.
- Edit the payee’s email address.
- Check the payee’s email address is linked to a bank account by selecting “Check email address”.
- If the email address is linked to a bank account, a “Save” button will appear.
- Check that the name shown is the name of the person/business you intend to pay before selecting “Save”.
- If the email address isn’t linked to a bank account, it will display an error message prompting you to check that the email address is correct.
- These updates will be saved immediately within the same ANZ Internet Banking session and you will be returned to the edit payee modal for this payee.
- Select the “X” to return to your Pay Anyone manage payees list
Why can’t I edit an email address?
You cannot edit an email address if you have future or recurring payment/s scheduled to it.
- For example, if you have recurring payments scheduled for a payee’s email address, that email address cannot be edited.
- You must first cancel any scheduled payments to that email address.
If you wish to edit a future dated or recurring payment, the request must be lodged with ANZ Internet Banking prior to 11.59pm Melbourne time on the day prior to the payment date.
Delete a future payment
Need more help?
Choose another topic from the table of contents
Send us a SecureMail
For further assistance please call the ANZ Internet Banking team on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9683 8833) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.