Multiple BPAY® bill payments are a convenient way for businesses to pay bills to multiple BPAY® billers at one time with a single debit to your selected business account.
How do I use a template to make multiple BPAY bill payments?
ANZ Internet Banking for Business customers can use a payment template to make multiple BPAY® bill payments.
- Go to the "Pay and transfer" menu.
- Select "Pay BPAY® bills".
- Click the "Use a previously saved template" radio button.
- Then click "Continue" and follow the steps below.
Alternatively you can:
- Go to the "Pay and transfer" menu.
- Select "Payment templates" and follow the steps below.
Step 1 - Choose your template and click "Make a payment/transfer"
You are presented with the list of your saved templates.
- Ensure the correct multiple BPAY® bill payments template is selected, using the radio buttons under the "Select" column.
- Click the "Make a payment/transfer" link.
Step 2 - Continue with your multiple BPAY® bill payments
The saved payment details from the template will populate your payments list.
- Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure the payment details are accurate.
Step 3 - Select the account to transfer from
- From: choose the ANZ account you wish to transfer funds from, using the drop down list, which displays all of your ANZ accounts that you have linked to ANZ Internet Banking.
Please note that the multiple BPAY® bill payments will all be processed as a single debit to the account you have selected. You cannot select multiple accounts to be debited.
Step 4 - Enter the transfer date
- Transfer date: choose the date on which you want the payments to be debited from your chosen account. To enter the date you can either:
- select the calendar icon and click on the date required, or
- enter the date in the format DD/MM/YYYY (e.g. 22/02/2010).
- Remember all the payments will be processed as one debit from your chosen account on this specified date so you only need to enter the date once.
Step 5 - Add more payments (if applicable)
The payment details from your multiple BPAY® bill payments template will populate the payments list.
- If you want to add more payments follow steps 3-5 from the make multiple BPAY® bill payments page.
- If you need to remove a payment click the "Remove" button on the right of the list.
- You can also change the payment amount if necessary by clicking in the amount box and editing it as needed.
Step 6 - Save as a template (if applicable)
If you have made further changes you may wish to save this new group of payments as another template.
- To save the list as a template check the box and enter a template name that you will easily identify for future use.
Step 7 - Click "Continue"
When you are happy with the list of payments, the "From" account selected and the transfer date click "Continue".
Step 8 - Review your information
Review all your information to ensure it is correct. If information is incorrect it may result in an unsuccessful transfer or the wrong biller receiving funds.
- If you notice mistakes select "Back" and re-enter the correct details following steps 1-8.
Step 9 - Confirm your transfer
- When you are happy with the information entered click "Confirm". This will complete the transfer and a confirmation message will display.
ANZ Internet Banking for Business Operators can click "Request authorisation" to submit the transfer to the relevant Authoriser or Administrator for approval.
Step 10 - View your lodgement receipt
- Your lodgement receipt is displayed to confirm that the transfer has been submitted successfully.
- This does not mean the transfer will be processed successfully as that is dependent on the details you have entered being accurate and sufficient available funds being in the account, which is funding the transfers.
- Please make a note of the receipt number and lodgement number for your own records.
When you are transferring money it is your responsibility to ensure the details you provide are correct.
- Future dated payments require cleared funds in your account prior to 11.59pm Melbourne time on the day before the scheduled payment date, or your payment will be unsuccessful.
- ANZ may not be able to recover incorrectly addressed payments, so be sure to check you’ve entered the correct payment details.
- If you have made a mistake in your payment, you can send the details via the ANZ Internet Banking function Enquire about a past funds transfer or Pay Anyone payment or call the ANZ Internet Banking Helpdesk on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9699 6908) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
How long do multiple BPAY® bill payments take?
- Transfers are processed overnight on bank business days.
- Immediate payments/transfers submitted before 6.00pm (AEST) on a bank business day are processed on that day.
- Immediate payments/transfers submitted after 6.00pm (AEST) or on weekends or public holidays are processed on the next bank business day.
How to stop multiple BPAY® bill payments
You can stop recurring or future transfers by deleting the series from your future payments and transfers list. If you wish to delete a recurring or future dated payment, the request must be lodged with ANZ Internet Banking prior to 12.00am (midnight AEST) on the day prior to the payment date.
Please note that you cannot edit a recurring or future dated transfer. You must delete and then re-submit a new payment.