Multiple BPAY® bill payments are a convenient way for businesses to pay bills to multiple BPAY® billers at one time with a single debit to your selected business account.
How do I make multiple BPAY payments?
Step 1 - Navigate to "Multiple BPAY bills"
Option 1 -Business customers using ANZ Internet Banking:
- Select the "Payments" menu
- Select "Multiple BPAY".
Option 2 – ANZ Internet Banking for Business customers
- Select the "Payments" menu
- Select "Multiple BPAY"
- Select "Multiple BPAY® bills"
Step 2 - Enter the "Common transfer details"
- From account: choose the ANZ account you wish to transfer funds from. Only the valid accounts for this type of transfer will be available.
- Transfer date: choose the date on which you want the payments to be debited from your chosen account.Select the calendar icon or enter the date in the format DD/MM/YYYY (e.g. 22/02/2015).
Please note, the multiple BPAY bill payments will all be processed as one debit to your selected business account on the specified date. So you cannot select multiple accounts to be debited and you only need to enter the date once.
Step 3 - Enter the "BPAY biller details"
- To: Choose the biller to transfer your first payment to.
- If you do not have any billers saved you can click the "Maintain biller list" button to add new billers.
- Add a new BPAY® biller
- Transfer amount: enter the amount you wish to transfer, using a decimal point if applicable.
- When you are happy with the details you've entered, select "Add to list".
- The payment will now display in the list.
Step 4 - Add more payments (if applicable)
- To add more payments to the list repeat Steps 2-3.
- Each time you select "Add to list" the bill payment details will display in the list.
- If you need to remove a bill payment select "Remove".
- You can also change the bill payment amount if necessary by selecting the amount box and editing as needed.
Step 5 - Save as a template (if applicable)
ANZ Internet Banking for Business customers can save payment lists as a template, to make future multiple BPAY bill payments quicker.
To save the list as a template, check the box and enter a template name that you can easily identify for future use.
Step 6 - Select "Continue"
When you are happy with the list of bill payments, the "From account” selected and the transfer date, select "Continue".
Step 7 - Review your information
Review all your information to ensure it is correct. If information is incorrect it may result in an unsuccessful bill payment or the wrong biller receiving funds.
If you notice mistakes select "Back" and re-enter the correct details following Steps 2-6.
Step 8 - Confirm your transfer
When you are happy with the information entered select "Confirm".This will complete the bill payment and a confirmation message will display.
ANZ Internet Banking for Business Operators can select "Request authorisation" to submit the BPAY® bill payment to the relevant Authoriser or Administrator for approval.
Step 9 - View your lodgement receipt
- Your lodgement receipt is displayed to confirm that the bill payment has been submitted successfully.
- This does not mean the bill payment will be processed successfully as that is dependent on the details you have entered being accurate and sufficient funds being available in the account from which the bill is to be paid.
- Please make a note of the receipt number and lodgement number for your own records
When you are making a bill payment it is your responsibility to ensure the details you provide are correct.
- We do not check payment details.
- If payment details are incorrect it may result in an unsuccessful bill payment or the wrong biller or account receiving funds and and the funds may not be recovered.
- If you have a query about a bill payment transaction you can send us a SecureMail or call ANZ Internet Banking Helpdesk on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9699 6908) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you are an ANZ Internet Banking for Business customer please call the ANZ Internet Banking for Business team on 1800 269 242 (International callers: +61 3 9699 6908) between 8.00am and 8.00pm (AEST), Monday to Friday
How long do multiple BPAY® bill payments take?
- Transfers are processed overnight on bank business days.
- Immediate payments/transfers submitted before 6.00pm (AEST) on a bank business day are processed on that day.
- Immediate payments/transfers submitted after 6.00pm (AEST) or on weekends or public holidays are processed on the next bank business day.
How to stop recurring or future bill payments
You can stop recurring or future bill payments by deleting the series from your future payments/transfers list. If you wish to delete a recurring or future dated payment, the request must be lodged with ANZ Internet Banking prior to 12.00am (midnight AEST) on the day prior to the payment date.
Please note that you cannot edit a recurring or future dated bill payment. You must delete and then re-submit a new payment.
Need more help?
Choose another topic from the table of contents
Send us a SecureMail
For further assistance please call the ANZ Internet Banking team on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9699 6908) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.