If a direct debit is unsuccessful it will appear in your returned items list. It may be unsuccessful due to the client (debtor) having insufficient funds, the client details being incorrect or your direct debit limit being exceeded.
To keep a record of the returned items you can easily download them to your computer as a CSV file.
How do I download my direct debit returned items?
ANZ Internet Banking for Business customers can view returned direct debit items, which have been unsuccessful. To download details of a returned direct debit item:
- Go to the 'Payments' menu.
- Select 'Set up business Direct debit'
- Select the "View returned items" link.
You'll firstly need to search for a specific credit account and date range.
Step 1 - Select your account
- Select the account for which you'd like to view returned items, using the drop down list.
Step 2 - Enter a date range
When entering the date range to search for you can either:
- Choose to search returned items for the last 7, 14, 30, 60, 90 or 120 days, using the drop down list, or
- Select "other" from the drop down list and enter amount of days.
- Specify your own date range
Step 3 - Click on the "Search" button and view the results
Each returned item listed in the search results will display the following information:
- Return date: the date your account was debited for the dishonoured amount.
- Lodgement reference: the reference number for this returned item.
- Lodgement date: the date the direct debits were processed.
- Amount: displays the returned item amount.
- Actioned: indicates whether or not the item has been actioned by you.
- Blue question mark indicates that the item needs to be actioned.
- Green tick indicates that the item has been actioned.
Step 4 - Select the returned item and click "Download returned item"
- Select the returned item for which you'd like to view details, using the radio button under the "Select" column
- Select the "Download returned item" link.
Step 5 - Name and save the file
- When the file has finished downloading, excel will open and the returned item details will appear in the spreadsheet.
- You can then save the file to your computer or disk by choosing a file name and your preferred location.
The details will be saved in a CSV File format.