Funds is indicative of the amount you may be able to use or, where applicable, redraw. It also includes any unused credit on arranged overdrafts, credit cards or other lines of credit where applicable. It generally reflects money in or out but:
- some transactions that have occurred may not have updated the amount shown (e.g. Visa refunds onto your credit or debit card, cheques deposited, released authorisations);
- some transactions that have occurred may have updated the amount shown but:
- are not yet processed (e.g. funds transfers in, transactions with a different effective date, authorisations to cover potential transactions and in some instances cheques deposited); or
- are awaiting a decision (e.g. transactions which may be blocked or refused, accounts with blocks, disputed card transactions or accounts with insufficient money);
- for loans eligible for redraw, recent transactions may not be able to be redrawn.
In addition, the amount shown may be subject to restrictions (e.g. card limits, transaction limits, amounts held subject to security, gambling sites), conditions and fees and charges.
If you proceed with a transaction which causes your account to go overdrawn or to exceed its credit limit, fees, charges and interest may apply in accordance with your account terms and conditions.