What's on this page
- Protection when you travel
- Protection when you shop
- Complimentary insurances for ANZ First
- Emergency and medical assistance
- How to make a claim
Complimentary insurance when you travel (eligibility criteria apply, including using your eligible card to make the purchase)
You could save up to $720disclaimer on Overseas Travel and Medical Insurancedisclaimer.
Overseas Travel and Medical Insurance can cover you for up to a period of 6 continuous months. This is for a range of contingencies including:
- overseas medical and dental expenses
- cancellation and additional expenses
- loss or damage of luggage and travel documents
- accidental death and permanent disability
- loss of income
- personal liability
A range of pre-existing medical conditions is automatically covered and cover for other pre-existing medical conditions may be available at an additional cost.
For more information, read the Premium Cards - insurances booklet (PDF 366kB).
Peace of mind when you rent a car in Australiadisclaimer
Rental Excess Cover reduces your excess if you have an accident in a car you hire from a major car rental company in Australia using your ANZ Platinum or ANZ Black card account. Most car rental companies generally charge around $20 to $30 per day for this type of insurance. Without it, your excess for damage to a rental car in the event of an accident could be anywhere between $2,000 to $5,000. This complimentary cover will pay your rental excess over the first $350 up to a maximum of $5,000.
Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance when you fly within Australiadisclaimer
When you purchase a return interstate flight fare for a trip of up to 14 days on your ANZ Platinum or ANZ Black card account, you may be covered by Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance. This could protect you against unforeseen events in certain cases including trip cancellation and lost or stolen luggage.
Transport Accident Coverdisclaimer
Transport Accident Cover pays a benefit of up to $750,000 in the event of accidental death or up to $375,000 for an injury, while you are a passenger in a licensed plane, tourist bus, train or ferry provided you have paid for the full cost of that transportation with your ANZ Platinum or ANZ Black card account.
Complimentary insurance for your shopping (eligibility criteria apply, including using your eligible card to make the purchase)
Shop with confidence with 90-day Purchase Security Insurancedisclaimer
90-day Purchase Security Insurance covers you against loss, theft or accidental damage for most personal items you purchase on your ANZ Platinum or Black credit cards for 3 months from the date of purchase.
What credit card purchases are you covered for? Most personal items like: cameras, mobile phones, handbags and stereos.
What types of purchases aren’t you covered for?
- Items purchased for the purpose of resupply/resale
- Business related items
- Animals or plant life
- Computer software or non-tangible purchases
- Cash, trading cards, traveller’s cheques, collectable, gambling or second-hand items
- Consumables, e.g. food or oil
- Vehicles - boats, automobiles, motorboats or airplanes
- Real estate and movable fixtures or fittings, e.g. dishwashers, air conditioners
- Purchased items exceeding $10,000.
- Anything over $3500 in jewellery, watches and fine arts
- More than $135,000 over a 12-month period to your account
Get the welcome reassurance of Extended Warranty Insurancedisclaimer
Extended Warranty Insurance gives you peace-of-mind when you purchase major personal and household items with your ANZ Platinum or Black card account – increasing the Manufacturer’s Warranty for up to an additional 12 months.
What the Extended Warranty Insurance could cover you for:
Extended Warranty Insurance could cover most personal items for breakdown or defect, as long as you were using the item for the purpose it was made and the breakdown or defect is covered by the terms of the Australian warranty.
What the Extended Warranty Insurance doesn’t cover you for:
- Claims made for more money than the product was initially charged for on the credit card (if you paid for your item part by card, part by cash, you’ll only be eligible to get back what you charged on your card)
- Claims made for more than the sum of $10,000 in a 12 month period per participating credit card account.
Don’t fret over the price of your purchases with Best Price Guarantee Schemedisclaimer
How does the Best Price Guarantee Scheme work?
- Make the purchase on your ANZ Platinum or Black credit card account to be eligible
- Find the same product (same model number, year and manufacturer) advertised later in a printed catalogue at a cheaper price within 21 days of purchase
- The store must be within 25km of the store where the item was purchased
- The price difference must be more than $75 – up to a maximum of $300 (E.g. If you bought a camera for $800, the better price you’ve spotted must be less than $725 and more than $500).
Like ANZ Platinum and Black cardholders, ANZ First cardholders may also be eligible for complimentary insurance for shopping. ANZ First cardholders can enjoy the same benefits with:
- 90-Day Purchase Security Insurancedisclaimer (excluding anything over $1000 in jewellery, watches and fine arts and excluding more than $50,000 over a 12-month period to your account)
- Extended Warranty Insurancedisclaimer.
Read the ANZ Credit Cards Insurance Features Brochure (108kB) for more information.
If you’re overseas and need assistance, QBE Assist are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The numbers below are toll-free from a landline, but you’ll be charged if you’re calling from a mobile phone.
If you can't use the toll free numbers above, please contact the Emergency Assistance team using the contact details below.
Phone: + 61 3 8523 2800
Fax: + 61 3 8523 2815
Within Australia: 1300 555 019 or 03 8523 2800
Please do not contact ANZ if you need to make a claim, as we don’t approve or process insurance claims.
Phone (toll free): 1300 135 271 (Monday to Friday 8:30am-6pm AEST)
Postal Address: P.O Box 12090 Melbourne VIC 8006
You'll find full details about these insurances policies in our Premium Cards - insurances booklet (PDF 366).
The Overseas Travel and Medical Insurance master policy, the Transport Accident Cover master policy and Rental Excess Cover master policy (the Master Policies) are issued by QBE Insurance Australia Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 to ANZ. Cover under the Master Policies is provided to eligible participating cardholders by operation of section 48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). The eligibility criteria which you must meet for each of the Master Policies is set out in the Premium Cards - Insurance booklet (PDF 366kB) - Part 1 QBE Product Disclosure Statement and policy wordings. When overseas, we recommend that you carry proof that you have met the eligibility criteria. Any advice has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You must decide whether or not it is appropriate, in light of your own circumstances, to act on this advice. You should ensure you obtain and consider the PDS before you make any decision to acquire it.Back to top
Extended Warranty Insurance, 90-day Purchase Security Insurance, Best Price Guarantee Scheme and Interstate Flight Inconvenience are part of a group policy issued by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035, AFSL 239545 to ANZ. Access to the benefit of cover is provided to eligible ANZ cardholders by operation of s48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. For more information refer to the Premium Cards - insurances booklet (PDF 366kB).Back to top
This estimate is based on a couple/family purchasing a standard international annual multi-trip policy underwritten by QBE without any customisation for pre-existing conditions or without taking into account any special conditions or requests as of 16 September 2015.Back to top
Extended Warranty Insurance and 90-day Purchase Security Insurance are part of a group policy issued by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035, AFSL 239545 to ANZ. Access to the benefit of cover is provided to eligible ANZ cardholders by operation of s48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. For more information refer to the ANZ Credit Cards Insurance Features Brochure (108kB).Back to top