Complimentary insurance when you traveldisclaimer (eligibility criteria apply, including using your eligible card to make the purchase)
Overseas Travel and Medical Insurance can cover you for up to a period of 6 continuous months, except for cancellation benefits, which will cover you from the date you activate your cover in accordance with the eligibility criteria. This is for a range of contingencies including:
* overseas medical and dental expenses
* cancellation and additional expenses
* loss or damage of luggage and travel documents
* accidental death and permanent disability
* loss of income
* personal liability
A range of pre-existing medical conditions is automatically covered and cover for other pre-existing medical conditions may be available at an additional cost.
For more information, please read the relevant Premium Cards Insurances booklet to be read with the Premium Cards Insurances Notification.
Peace of mind when you rent a car in Australiadisclaimer
The Rental Excess benefit will cover you for the rental vehicle insurance excess, or the cost of repairing the vehicle (whichever is lower and up to the maximum benefit limit) if you rent a vehicle from a rental company, it is damaged by storm, fire, accident or theft, and you are a nominated driver on the rental agreement. Conditions, exclusions and sub-limits apply. For more information please read the Premium Cards Insurances booklet to be read with the Premium Cards Insurances Notification and ANZ Credit Cards Insurance Features booklet).
Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance when you fly within Australiadisclaimer
When you purchase a return interstate flight fare for a trip of up to 14 days on your ANZ Platinum or ANZ Black card account, you may be covered by Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance. This could protect you against unforeseen events in certain cases including trip cancellation and loss or damage to personal items. Conditions, exclusions and sub-limits (including limits on individual items) apply. For more information please read the Premium Cards Insurances booklet to be read with the Premium Cards Insurances Notification and ANZ Credit Cards Insurance Features booklet.
Transport Accident Coverdisclaimer
Transport Accident Cover pays a benefit of up to $750,000 in the event of accidental death or up to $375,000 for an injury, while you are a passenger in a licensed plane, tourist bus, train or ferry provided you have paid for the full cost of that transportation with your ANZ Platinum or ANZ Black card account.
Complimentary insurance for your shoppingdisclaimer (eligibility criteria apply, including using your eligible card to make the purchase)
Shop with confidence with 90-day Purchase Security Insurancedisclaimer
90-day Purchase Security Insurance covers you against loss, theft or accidental damage for most personal items you purchase on your ANZ Platinum or Black credit cards for 3 months from the date of purchase.
What credit card purchases are you covered for? Most personal items like: cameras, mobile phones, handbags and stereos.
What types of purchases aren’t you covered for?
- Items purchased for the purpose of resupply/resale
- Business related items
- Animals or plant life
- Computer software or non-tangible purchases
- Cash, trading cards, traveller’s cheques, collectable, gambling or second-hand items
- Consumables, e.g. food or oil
- Vehicles and their accessories - boats, automobiles, motorboats or airplanes
- Real estate and movable fixtures or fittings, e.g. dishwashers, air conditioners
- Articles of contraband
- Purchased items exceeding $10,000
- Anything over $3500 in jewellery, watches and fine arts
- More than $135,000 over a 12-month period to your account.
Get the welcome reassurance of Extended Warranty Insurancedisclaimer
Extended Warranty Insurance gives you peace-of-mind when you purchase major personal and household items with your ANZ Platinum or Black card account – increasing the Manufacturer’s Warranty for up to an additional 12 months.
What the Extended Warranty Insurance could cover you for:
Extended Warranty Insurance could cover most personal items for breakdown or defect, as long as you were using the item for the purpose it was made and the breakdown or defect is covered by the terms of the Australian warranty.
What the Extended Warranty Insurance doesn’t cover you for:
- Claims made for more money than the product was initially charged for on the credit card (if you paid for your item part by card, part by cash, you’ll only be eligible to get back what you charged on your card)
- Claims made for more than the sum of $10,000 in a 12 month period per participating credit card account
- Claims made for goods which do not have a manufacturer's unique identification serial number.
Don’t fret over the price of your purchases with Best Price Guarantee Schemedisclaimer
How does the Best Price Guarantee Scheme work?
- Make the entire purchase on your ANZ Platinum or Black credit card account to be eligible
- Find the same product (same model number, year and manufacturer) advertised later in a printed catalogue at a cheaper price within 21 days of purchase
- The store must be within 25km of the store where the item was purchased
- The price difference must be more than $75 – up to a maximum of $300 (E.g. If you bought a camera for $800, the better price you’ve spotted must be less than $725 and more than $500).
Complimentary insurances for ANZ First
Like ANZ Platinum and Black cardholders, ANZ First cardholders may also be eligible for complimentary insurance for shopping. ANZ First cardholders can enjoy the same benefits with:
- 90-Day Purchase Security Insurancedisclaimer (excluding anything over $1000 in jewellery, watches and fine arts and excluding more than $50,000 over a 12-month period to your account)
- Extended Warranty Insurancedisclaimer.
Read the relevant ANZ Credit Cards Insurance Features booklet for more information.
Emergency and medical assistance
If you’re overseas and need assistance, Allianz Global Assistance are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The numbers below are toll-free from a landline, but you’ll be charged if you’re calling from a mobile phone.
If you can't use the toll free numbers above, please contact our Emergency Assistance team using the contact details below.
Phone: + 61 7 3305 7465
Fax: + 61 7 3305 7005
Within Australia: 1800 010 075 or 03 8523 2800
How to make a claim
Please do not contact ANZ if you need to make a claim, as we don’t approve or process insurance claims.
For Overseas Travel and Medical Insurancedisclaimer, click here.
For all other covers, click here.
You'll find full details about these insurances policies in the relevant Premium Cards Insurances booklet to be read with the Premium Cards Insurances Notification.