How to activate your card
- Log in to the ANZ App and tap More, then Activate Card. You'll also be able to set your eligible card PIN at the same time. No need to wait for your card PIN in the mail.
- Log in to ANZ Internet Banking and select Activate an ANZ Card from the Settings menu
- By phone: call 1800 652 033 (or +61 3 8699 6996 from overseas) any time
- At an ANZ branch: speak to our friendly staff
What's on this page
Choosing a PIN
Things to consider when choosing a PIN:
- Make it easy to remember, but hard for anyone else to guess
- Avoid choosing obvious numbers based on your birth date, driver’s licence, phone numbers or other public/semi-public personal information and avoid sequential numbers like 1234.
Internet Banking, Phone Banking and the ANZ App
Register for ANZ Internet or Phone Banking:
- Call 13 33 50 or if you're outside Australia, dial +61 3 9699 6908 and get a Customer Registration Number (CRN) and Telecode
- Follow the prompts to change your auto-generated Telecode to a Telecode number of your choice, between four and seven digits
- Register online for ANZ Internet Banking using your CRN and Telecode
- You can also register using your ANZ card, PIN and registered mobile number
Start banking on the go:
- Get the ANZ App on your compatible Android device or iPhone
- Enter your Internet Banking login details and your mobile number, and create a 4-digit secure PIN. Then confirm and complete your registration by entering the code sent to you via SMS
Australia has replaced signatures with PIN for credit, debit and prepaid card purchases made in person. So make sure you remember your PIN.
What about purchases under $100?
MasterCard, Visa and American Express provide contactless payment options so you can make contactless payments for purchases under $100 – no need for a PIN.
Simply hold your ANZ credit card to the reader, wait for the beep, and you’re done! Handy for those small, quick everyday purchases.
Use your compatible smartphone or wearable device to tap and pay with eligible ANZ cardsdisclaimer, so you can continue to get the same great benefits and security.
Shop securely – you can't accidently be charged twice when you tap and go plus you get the added protection of ANZ Falcon™ and ANZ Fraud Money Back Guarantee if fraudulent transactions happen, as long as you didn’t contribute to the loss and you notified ANZ promptly of the fraud.
A cash advance is a debit to your credit card account in exchange for cash or cash equivalent items. For example, if you take cash out from an ATM and select ‘credit’ as the account type.
It also includes various other types of transactions (for example, a purchase of cash equivalent items such as gambling or gaming type transactions, traveller's cheques or money orders).
Cash advance fee: You may also have to pay a Cash Advance Fee (usually the greater of a percentage of the cash advance amount or minimum fee).
Like to know more? Please refer to the ANZ Credit Card Conditions of Use (PDF 584kB) or ANZ Personal Banking Account Fees and Charges (PDF 112kB) booklets.
Bill payments via BPAY®
Paying a bill via BPAY® with your credit card can be made as either a purchase or a cash advance. This depends on how your biller is set up with the BPAY® billing service.
The biller has the option of accepting your credit card as a method of payment.
- If the Biller chooses to accept: the bill payment is processed as a purchase.
- If the Biller doesn’t accept: ANZ may allow you to make the payment using your credit card (when sufficient funds are available). If you choose to go ahead with the payment: it will be processed as a cash advance. Applicable fees and interest will apply from the date of the cash advance.