Your daily Pay Anyone limit is one daily limit applied across all accounts linked to your ANZ Customer Registration Number and services. It applies to Pay Anyone payments, multiple Pay Anyone payments, International Services (transferring funds to an overseas bank account and ordering foreign currency cash), the purchasing of bank cheques and online charity donations.
- If you are a personal customer using ANZ Internet Banking your daily limit range is $1,000 to $10,000 (or up to $25,000 if registered for ANZ Shield)
- If you are a business customer using ANZ Internet Banking your daily limit range is $5,000 to $25,000 (or up to $50,000 if registered for ANZ Shield)
- If you are an eligible ANZ Internet Banking for Business user a higher daily limit up to $1,000,000 can apply.
Only the limits available to you will display on the "Change your Pay Anyone access" page.
Please note: The $1,000,000 Pay Anyone limit requires higher authentication by ANZ and you may be contacted for further information to verify payment details.
You can change your daily limit in a just few easy steps.
How do I change my Pay Anyone limit?
Changing your Pay Anyone daily limit is easy.
Step 1 - Navigate to "Change my Pay Anyone" limit
- Go to either the "Settings" menu or the “Payments” menu.
- Select "Change my Pay Anyone limit".
Step 2 - Select your new daily limit
- Select your new daily limit amount from the "Set your new limit" section. Only the limits available to you are displayed on this page.
- Select "Change my limit" to submit the request
Please note for ANZ Internet Banking for Business users:
- The daily limit selected is activated and immediately available for use
- Making third party payments (using Pay Anyone) requires your ANZ Security Device to be activated
- The $1,000,000 Pay Anyone limit requires higher authentication by ANZ and you may be contacted for further information to verify payment details
- If this information cannot be verified, payments may be cancelled.
Step 3 - Verify your new daily limit
Because we take the security of your personal and account information seriously, we have a range of security measures to help verify your identity when you’re increasing your daily Pay Anyone limit.
After you choose a daily limit the next step differs depending on the limit chosen and your security setting.
Enter your ANZ Shield Code
If you are registered for our free security app ANZ Shield, you may be prompted to enter your ANZ Shield Code
- If prompted, open the ANZ Shield app on your phone and generate a Shield Code
- Enter your Shield Code in ANZ Internet Banking
- You can make Pay Anyone payments with your new daily limit effective immediately.
Answer your challenge questions
Alternatively, if presented with a challenge question:
- Enter the answer to your challenge question(s) and select "Continue" to proceed.
- If you are unable to answer your challenge question(s) correctly you will not be able to change your daily limit
If you successfully answered your challenge question(s) you can make Pay Anyone payments with your new daily limit effective immediately.
Need more help?
Choose another topic from the table of contents
Send us a SecureMail
For further assistance please call the ANZ Internet Banking team on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9683 8833) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.