We aim for our savings solutions to be as flexible as possible so we make it easy for you to request to change aspects of your ANZ Term Deposit. You can change how you receive interest payments and what to do with the term deposit at maturity.
- Your request gets submitted to us via an Online Enquiry.
- We'll contact you within 24-48 hours after your request is submitted
How do I maintain my term deposit?
To maintain your ANZ Term Deposit:
- Go to the Home page, which is the first page you see when you log on to ANZ Internet Banking.
- Select your term deposit.
- Then select the "Maintain term deposit" link at the top of the page.
The "Maintain term deposit" page will display the following information:
- Maintain account: contains details of existing term deposit with account number and principal amount.
- Start date: the date the term deposit was started on.
- Maturity date: the date the term deposit will reach maturity.
- Interest payment frequency: (monthly, quarterly, semi annually, annually, or at maturity).
Step 1 - Enter the principal payment instructions
Choose what you want to do with the principal amount when your ANZ Term Deposit matures. You can choose between two options:
- Reinvest principal amount into term deposit: to reinvest the principal amount at maturity, you'll need to choose the:
- terms/period of reinvestment:how long you want to reinvest the principal amount for.
- frequency of interest payment: how often you want the interest payments to be made on your reinvestment.
- Transfer principal amount to a selected account: to transfer the principal amount at maturity to a selected linked account.
Step 2 - Enter the interest payment instructions
Choose what you want to do with the interest earned on your term deposit. You can choose between two options:
- Reinvest interest: to put the interest back into the term deposit.
- Transfer interest: to transfer the interest to a selected linked account.
- Select the "Continue" button to proceed.
Step 3 - Review your request
Review your request on the "Maintain your term deposit - review request" page to ensure all information is correct.
- If you need to change any details, click "Back" on the bottom left and re-enter any details by following steps 1-4.
Step 4 - Confirm your request
When you are happy with the details provided, click the checkbox to acknowledge and accept the customer authorisation conditions.
- Click "Confirm" on the bottom right to confirm your request.
Step 5 - View your request
The "Maintain your term deposit - Enquiry sent" page will display confirming your request to amend the existing term deposit instructions has been submitted.
What happens next?
- The ANZ Term Deposit team will process your request and respond to your enquiry within two bank business days.
If you choose to reinvest your ANZ Term Deposit at maturity, the following details can be modified within the five bank business days after the deposit has been reinvested (known as the grace period):
- Amount of deposit
- Term /period of deposit
- Principal and interest payment instructions
- Interest payment frequency.