Our cheque reconciliation tool is a great way to keep track of cheques you have written and the dates they have been presented.
Adding a cheque for reconciliation is easy. All you need are the cheque details including the cheque number, the date it was written, a description (for your own reference) and the cheque amount (in the format 0.00).
How do I add a cheque for reconciliation?
To add a cheque for reconciliation:
- Go to the Home page.
- This is the first page you see when you log on to ANZ Internet Banking.
- Select your cheque or savings account.
- The account overview for your chosen account will display.
- Select the "Cheque reconciliation" link.
- Then select the "Add a cheque".
Step 1 - Fill in the cheque details and add it to your list
- Cheque number: enter the cheque number, which you can find on the cheque.
- Date: enter the date the cheque was written.
- Description: this is for your own reference so ensure it is meaningful to you.
- Amount: enter the amount you wish to transfer, using a decimal point, if applicable.
- If you would like to add more than one cheque, click on the "Add more cheques to my list" link and repeat step 1. You can add up to five cheques at a time.
Step 2 - Click "Submit"
- When you have finished adding your cheque(s) click the "Submit" button
- You will be returned to the "Cheque reconciliation" page and the cheques you have added will now be listed here.
- In future, when you return to this page, any cheques you have previously loaded will be displayed, along with their details.
- Your cheque details will now be displayed in the reconciliation list.
Once your cheque has been presented we will reconcile it by displaying the presented date. If no date displays it means the cheque has not been presented yet - you can check again on your next log on. Once you have viewed a reconciled cheque the entry will be deleted after you log off.
To keep a record of your cheques, print the page or download the cheque details to your computer (as a CSV file) before you log off.