Payroll payments are only available to business customers.
- The transfers are made with a single debit to one of your business accounts.
- If you are an ANZ Internet Banking for Business customer you can also save payroll payments as a template for re-use and import a payment file from your computer to populate payroll payments.
- Your daily limit applies.
How do I make payroll payments online?
Business customers using ANZ Internet Banking:
- Go to the "Payments" menu.
- Select "Pay Employees" and follow the steps below.
ANZ Internet Banking for Business customers:
- Go to the "Payments" menu.
- Select "Pay Employees".
- Select "Create a new payroll payment".
- Select "Continue" and follow the steps below.
Step 1 - Select the account to transfer from
- From: choose the ANZ account you wish to transfer funds from, using the drop down list, which displays all of your ANZ accounts that you have linked to ANZ Internet Banking.
Please note that the payroll payments will all be processed as a single debit to the business account you have selected. You cannot select multiple accounts to be debited.
Step 2 - Enter the transfer date
- Transfer date: choose the date on which you want the payments to be debited from your chosen account. To enter the date you can either:
- select the calendar icon and click on the date required, or
- enter the date in the format DD/MM/YYYY (e.g. 22/02/2010).
- Remember all the payments will be processed as one debit from your chosen account on this specified date so you only need to enter the date once.
Step 3 - Fill in your business name
- Your/Business name: enter either your own name or the name of your business. The name you enter:
- will appear on the employee's statement so ensure it makes your identity clear to the employee.
- must only contain letters (no special characters eg. _/@#%^*).
Step 4 - Select the employee
- Choose an employee to transfer your first payment to, using the drop down list.
If you do not have any employees saved you can click the "Maintain employees" button to add new employees.
Step 5 - Fill in the transfer amount section
- Reference: enter a short reference or message for the employee.
- The employee (recipient) will see this reference on their statement so make sure it clearly identifies the purpose of the payment.
- Amount: enter the amount you wish to transfer, using a decimal point, if applicable.
When you are happy with the details you've entered, click the "Add to list" button.
- The payment will now display in the list.
Step 6 - Add more payments (if applicable)
- To add more payments to the list repeat steps 4-5.
Each time you click "Add to list" the payment details will display in the list.
- If you need to remove a payment click the "Remove" button on the right of the list.
- You can also change the payment amount if necessary by clicking in the amount box and editing it as needed.
Step 7 - Save as a template (if applicable)
If you are an ANZ Internet Banking for Business customer you can save payment lists as a template to make future payroll payments quicker.
- To save the list as a template check the box and enter a template name that you will easily identify for future use.
Step 8 - Click "continue"
When you are happy with the list of payments, the "From" account selected and the transfer date click "Continue".
Step 9 - Review your information
Review all your information to ensure it is correct. If information is incorrect it may result in an unsuccessful transfer or the wrong employee receiving funds.
- If you notice mistakes select "Back" and re-enter the correct details following steps 1-9.
Step 10 - Confirm your transfer
- When you are happy with the information entered click "Confirm". This will complete the transfer and a confirmation message will display.
ANZ Internet Banking for Business Operators can click "Request authorisation" to submit the transfer to the relevant Authoriser or Administrator for approval.
Step 11 - View your lodgement receipt
- Your lodgement receipt is displayed to confirm that your transaction has been submitted successfully.
- This does not mean the transaction will be processed successfully as that is dependent on the details you have entered being accurate and sufficient available funds being in the account from which the payment is to be made.
- Please make a note of the receipt number and lodgement number for your own records.
When you are making payroll payments it is your responsibility to ensure the details you provide are correct.
- We do not check payment details.
- If payment details are incorrect it may result in an unsuccessful transfer or the wrong employee receiving the funds.
- If you have a query about a transfer you can send us a SecureMail or call ANZ Internet Banking team on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9683 8833) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- If you are an ANZ Internet Banking for Business customer please call the ANZ Internet Banking for Business team on 1800 269 242 (International callers: +61 3 8699 6906) between 8.00am and 8.00pm Melbourne time, Monday to Friday.
How long do payroll payments take?
- Transfers are processed overnight on bank business days.
- The time that it takes for the employee's account to be credited will vary depending on the policy and systems of the bank the account is held with.
- Transfers submitted before 6.00pm Melbourne time on a bank business day are processed on that day.
- Transfers submitted after 6.00pm Melbourne time or on weekends or public holidays are processed on the next bank business day.
How to stop payroll payments
You can stop recurring or future payments by deleting the series from your future payments and transfers list. If you wish to delete a recurring or future dated payment, the request must be lodged with ANZ Internet Banking prior to 11.59pm Melbourne time on the day prior to the payment date.
Find out more about deleting a future payment
Please note that you cannot edit a recurring or future dated transfer. You must delete and then re-submit a new payment.
Need more help?
Choose another topic from the table of contents
Send us a SecureMail
For further assistance please call the ANZ Internet Banking team on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9683 8833) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.