ANZ Internet Banking for Business customers can save payroll payment templates to help make payroll payments quicker and easier.
Using a template to make payroll payments is easy.
How do I use a template to make payroll payments?
ANZ Internet Banking for Business customers can use a payment template to make payroll payments.
- Go to the "Payments" menu.
- Select "Pay employees".
- Select the "Use a previously saved template" radio button.
- Then select "Continue" and follow the steps below.
Alternatively you can:
- Go to the "Payments" menu.
- Select "Payment templates" and follow the steps below.
Step 1 - Choose your template and click "Make a payment/transfer"
You are presented with the list of your saved templates.
- Ensure the correct payroll template is selected using the radio buttons under the "Select" column.
- Click the "Make a payment/transfer" link.
Step 2 - Continue with your payroll payment
The saved payment details from the template will populate your payments list.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure the payment details are accurate.
Step 3 - Select the account to transfer from
- From: choose the ANZ account you wish to transfer funds from, using the drop down list, which displays all of your ANZ accounts that you have linked to ANZ Internet Banking.
Please note that the payroll payments will all be processed as a single debit to the account you have selected. You cannot select multiple accounts to be debited.
Step 4 - Enter the transfer date
- Transfer date: choose the date on which you want the payments to be debited from your chosen account.
- To enter the date you can either:
- select the calendar icon and click on the date required, or
- enter the date in the format DD/MM/YYYY (e.g. 22/02/2010).
Remember all the payments will be processed as one debit from your chosen account on this specified date so you only need to enter the date once.
Step 5 - Fill in your business name
- Your/Business name: enter either your own name or the name of your business if appropriate. The name you enter:
- will appear on the employee's statement so ensure it makes your identity clear to the employee.
- must only contain letters (no special characters e.g. _/@#%^*).
Step 6 - Add more payments (if applicable)
The payment details from your payroll template will populate the payments list.
- If you want to add more payments follow steps 4-6 from the Make payroll payments page.
- If you need to remove a payment click the "Remove" button on the right of the list.
- You can also change the payment amount if necessary by clicking in the amount box and editing it as needed.
Step 7 - Save as a template (if applicable)
If you have made further changes you may wish to save this new group of payments as another template.
- To save the list as a template check the box and enter a template name that you will easily identify for future use.
Step 8 - Click "Continue"
When you are happy with the list of payments, the "From" account selected and the transfer date click "Continue".
Step 9 - Review your information
Review all your information to ensure it is correct. If information is incorrect it may result in an unsuccessful transfer or the wrong employee receiving funds.
- If you notice mistakes select "Back" and re-enter the correct details following steps 1-9.
Step 10 - Confirm your transfer
- When you are happy with the information entered click "Confirm". This will complete the transfer and a confirmation message will display.
ANZ Internet Banking for Business Operators can click "Request authorisation" to submit the transfer to the relevant Authoriser or Administrator for approval.
Step 11 - View your lodgement receipt
- Your lodgement receipt is displayed to confirm that the transfer has been submitted successfully.
- This does not mean the transfer will be processed successfully as that is dependent on the details you have entered being accurate and sufficient available funds being in the account, which is funding the transfers.
- Please make a note of the receipt number and lodgement number for your own records.
When you are making a transfer it is your responsibility to ensure the details you provide are correct.
- We do not check payment details.
- If payment details are incorrect it may result in an unsuccessful transfer or the wrong employee receiving the funds.
- If you have a query about transfers made using a template you can send us a SecureMail or call the ANZ Internet Banking for Business team on 1800 269 242 (International callers: +61 3 8699 6906) between 8.00am and 8.00pm Melbourne time, Monday to Friday.
How long do payroll payments take?
- Transfers are processed overnight on bank business days.
- The time that it takes for the employee's account to be credited will depend on the policies and systems of the employee's bank.
- Immediate payments/transfers submitted before 6.00pm Melbourne time on a bank business day are processed on that day.
- Immediate payments/transfers submitted after 6.00pm Melbourne time or on weekends or public holidays are processed on the next bank business day.
How to stop payroll payments
You can stop recurring or future transfers by deleting the series from your future payments and transfers list. If you wish to delete a recurring or future dated payment, the request must be lodged with ANZ Internet Banking prior to 11.59pm Melbourne time on the day prior to the payment date.
Delete a future payment
Please note that you cannot edit a recurring or future dated transfer. You must delete and then re-submit a new payment.