The "Import a file" function in ANZ Internet Banking allows you to import an aba file, which consists of multiple payment details created using your accounting software.
- Once the aba file is imported the payments will be populated so that you can easily process them as part of a multiple Pay Anyone transfer with one debit from your chosen business account.
- This is used to make payments to employees and suppliers.
How do I import a payment file for multiple Pay Anyone payments?
ANZ Internet Banking for Business customers can import a payment file to make multiple Pay Anyone payments. To import a payment file for multiple Pay Anyone payments:
- Go to the "Payments" menu.
- Select "Pay Anyone".
- Select "Import a payment file".
- Select "Continue" and follow the steps below.
Step 1 - Create your .aba file
ABA stands for Australian Banking Association.
- Most accounting and payroll software packages enable you to create .aba files, which consist of payment details.
- Ask your accountant for more information about how to create .aba files.
Step 2 - Locate and upload your .aba file
- Click the "Browse" button and locate your .aba file from your computer.
- When the file is uploaded correctly it will appear in the "File location" field.
- Click "Continue"
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you have uploaded the correct file.
Step 3 - Continue with your multiple Pay Anyone payments
- Your file name will display at the top of the page to show you that it has been uploaded correctly.
Step 4 - Select the account to transfer from
- From: choose the ANZ account you wish to transfer funds from, using the drop down list, which displays all of your ANZ accounts that you have linked to ANZ Internet Banking.
Please note the multiple Pay Anyone payments will all be processed as a single debit to the business account you have selected. You cannot select multiple accounts to be debited.
Step 5 - Enter the transfer date
- Transfer date: choose the date on which you want the payments to be debited from your chosen account. To enter the date you can either:
- select the calendar icon and click on the date required, or
- enter the date in the format DD/MM/YYYY (e.g. 22/02/2010).
- Remember all the payments will be processed as one debit from your chosen account on this specified date so you only need to enter the date once.
Step 6 - Fill in your business name
Your/Business name: enter either your own name or the name of your business if appropriate. The name you enter:
- will appear on the payee's statement so ensure it makes your identity clear to the payee.
- must only contain letters (no special characters eg. _/@#%^*).
Step 7 - Add more payments (if applicable)
The payment details from your .aba file will populate the payments list.
- If you want to add more payments please follow steps 4-6 from the make multiple Pay Anyone payments page.
- If you need to remove a payment click the "Remove" button on the right of the list.
- You can also change the payment amount if necessary by clicking in the amount box and editing it as needed.
Step 8 - Click "Continue"
- When you are happy with the list of payments, the "From" account selected and the transfer date click "Continue".
Step 9 - Review your information
Review all your information to ensure it is correct. If information is incorrect it may result in an unsuccessful transfer or the wrong payee receiving funds.
If you notice mistakes select "Back" and re-enter the correct details following steps 1-9.
Step 10 - Confirm your transfer
- When you are happy with the information entered click "Confirm". This will complete the transfer and a confirmation message will display.
ANZ Internet Banking for Business Operators can click "Request authorisation" to submit the transfer to the relevant Authoriser or Administrator for approval.
Step 11 - View your lodgement receipt
Your lodgement receipt is displayed to confirm that your transaction has been submitted successfully.
This does not mean the transaction will be processed successfully as that is dependent on the details you have entered being accurate and sufficient available funds being in the account from which the payment is to be made.
Please make a note of the receipt number and lodgement number for your own records.
How long do multiple Pay Anyone payments take?
- Transfers are processed overnight on bank business days.
- The time that it takes for the payee's account to be credited will vary depending on the policy and systems of the bank the account is held with.
- Transfers submitted before 6.00pm Melbourne time on a bank business day are processed on that day.
- Transfers submitted after 6.00pm Melbourne time or on weekends or public holidays are processed on the next bank business day.
How to stop multiple Pay Anyone payments
You can stop recurring or future payments by deleting the series from your future payments and transfers list. If you wish to delete a recurring or future dated payment, the request must be lodged with ANZ Internet Banking prior to 11.59pm Melbourne time on the day prior to the payment date.
Please note that you cannot edit a recurring or future dated transfer. You must delete and then re-submit a new payment.
Need more help?
Choose another topic from the table of contents
Send us a SecureMail
For further assistance please call the ANZ Internet Banking team on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9683 8833) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.