Templates are a convenient way to help you create direct debits. Once you save a template you can select it to populate your payments without the need to add the details for each payment individually.
If you create a copy of an existing template you can edit it and save it as a new template.
How do I copy a direct debits template?
ANZ Internet Banking for Business customers can copy an existing direct debits template to create a new one.
- Go to the "Payments" menu.
- Select "Set up business Direct debit".
- Select the "Manage templates" link.
- Ensure the correct template is chosen, by clicking "Select" on the template you wish to copy.
- Then select the "Copy" link and follow the steps below.
Step 1 - Enter a new template name
Copying a template gives you a starting point for creating a new template.
- Enter a template name associated with the type of payments being made.
- Choose one that you will easily identify for future use
Step 2 - Edit the template if necessary
You can make the following edits to your direct debits templates:
- Add more payments: follow steps 5-6 of the Create direct debits manually page.
- Remove payments: select the "Remove" button to the right of the payment.
- Change the amount: select the amount field and type a new amount in dollars and cents with a decimal point.
- Update your business name: remember this will appear on the client/debtors' statements so ensure it is accurate and clear with no special characters (e.g. !@$#%^&*).
Step 3 - Save your new template
When you are happy with your new template, select the "Save" button.
Your template will now be updated and saved in your list of direct debits templates.