We know that your financial needs change over time so we have made it easy for you to request a change to your ANZ Credit Card limit whenever you need to.
- When filling in your application you will need to provide all of your financial information including details of employment, loans, assets and dependants.
- We will assess your application and send you a SecureMail within two bank business days with the result.
How do I change my credit card limit?
To change your ANZ Credit Card limit:
- Go to the Home page, which is the first page you see when you log on to ANZ Internet Banking
- Select your credit card account
- Select "Increase your credit limit" from the account actions and follow the steps below.
Before requesting a credit limit change
To increase your credit limit you must be the primary credit card holder.
To request an increase or decrease to your credit card limit please use one of the following methods:
- Log on to ANZ Internet Banking and select your credit card account.
- Select Increase your credit limit or Decrease your credit card limit from Account actions.
Return a form to us:
Download and complete the Request credit card limit increase/decrease form (PDF 76kB) and return it to us by any of the methods listed on it.
Please contact ANZ Cards team on 13 22 73 (or +61 3 9683 9999 from overseas) from 7am – 11pm (AEST), 7 days a week.
Step 1 - Beginning the application
There are two potential outcomes depending on whether you have received a credit limit increase invitation:
Scenario 1 – You have received a credit limit increase invitation
If you have received an invitation and campaign code (that has not expired), the "Start Application" page will appear with two available options:
“I have received an invitation to apply for a credit limit increase" - you will be required to enter your campaign code supplied with your invitation.
After selecting this option you will be able to choose between applying for the limit in the invitation letter, a higher* or lesser amount. An “Available Monthly Income Calculator” is provided to assist you in determining the credit limit you would like to apply for.
Once completed, you will need to provide confirmation that you have sufficient monthly income for the credit limit increase you’re applying for and may also be requested for consent to a credit check. These are both completed by ticking the relevant checkbox.
select “Submit” then completes your credit limit increase application.
Skip to Step 7.
*Note: if you apply for a higher amount you will be required to provide further information. Skip to Step 4.
- "I have not received an invitation..." - if you do not have the campaign code available or have entered the code incorrectly
If you're unable to provide a campaign code, you will be presented with the opportunity to select or provide the credit limit increase amount you would like to apply for.
Skip to Step 2.
Scenario 2 – You have not received a credit limit increase invitation
If you have not received an invitation, you will be provided with the opportunity to select or provide the credit limit increase amount you would like to apply for.
Step 2 - Enter your preferred credit card limit
Determine the credit card limit you would like to apply for and select ‘Continue’. If required to enter an amount, it must be rounded off to the nearest $500 (i.e. you can request $1000 or $1500 but not $1400).
Please be aware that the maximum credit limit that you may be approved for may be less than the limit you have selected based on your application.
After reviewing the requested limit and select “Continue”, you will be presented with either of the following pages:
- Scenario 1 - You're progressed to the Submit page
If you are presented with the submit page, you will need to provide confirmation that you have sufficient monthly income for the requested credit limit increase, and/or also provide consent for a credit check. Select “Submit” then completes the credit limit increase application.
Skip to Step 7
- Scenario 2 - You're requested to provide further information
If you are requested to provide further information, go to Step 3
Step 3 - Provide your details
- Enter your contact details, residential status, and employment details. Compulsory fields are marked with an asterisk
- When all details are entered correctly, select "Continue".
Step 4 - Provide your financial position
- Ensure all information is complete as non disclosure may result in your application being delayed or declined.
- Enter all amounts in dollars and cents with a decimal point. For example one hundred dollars would be "100.00".
Your financial details are divided into the following categories:
This refers to your income before tax. This amount can be found on your Pay As You Go summary.
If you are unsure of this amount, please contact your employer.
This refers to what you own and includes:
- Property that you own
- The total balance of your savings/deposit accounts including ANZ accounts and non-ANZ accounts
Other assets such as motor vehicles, shares, furniture, artwork, etc
If you do not own anything in the above categories, please enter 0.00 in the appropriate field.
This refers to your monthly expenses including rent/board and general living expenses such as entertainment, food, petrol, phone bills, etc.
You will also need to enter your number of dependants. Dependants are people that depend on you financially, for example, children.
This refers to what you owe. You will need to provide information regarding:
- Other loans or facilities
- Credit or store cards.
If you do not owe anything in the above categories, please indicate this by entering 0.00 in the corresponding field. If you are unsure of any of the above amounts, please contact the financial institution the account is with for assistance.
- When all details are entered correctly, select "Continue".
Step 5 - Confirm the details of your application
Before submitting your application, the ‘Review and submit’ screen gives you the opportunity to confirm your application details are correct.
- Select ‘Back’ to return and make amendments.
Step 6 - Credit check consent
To proceed with the assessment, ANZ requires your consent to undertake a credit check; you can provide this consent by selecting the corresponding tick box.
- Once you have confirmed the details on the Review and submit screen and provided your Credit check consent, please select ‘Submit’ to proceed with the application
Step 7 - View your Application status
Your Application status is displayed to confirm that your request has been submitted successfully. This page will also include how confirmation of your application will be provided to you.
- All credit card limits increases are subject to our lending criteria.
- Credit limit increases are not available on the ANZ Visa PAYCARD or the ANZ Rewards Visa PAYCARD as these cards have a maximum credit limit of $400.