ANZ collects most personal information directly from you. For example, you provide us with your information when you open an account, fill in an application form, deal with us over the telephone, send us a letter, use our website or visit a branch.
ANZ may also collect information about you that is publicly available, including information from telephone directories, the electoral roll or other websites.
There may be occasions when ANZ collects personal information about you from a third party. For example, ANZ may collect personal information from:
- credit reporting bodies if we request a report about your credit history (see Credit reporting)
- other credit providers if we request information from them about the products they provide to you
- organisations that ANZ has an arrangement with to jointly offer products and/or an alliance with to share information for marketing purposes to provide you with products or services and/or to promote a product or service
- our related entities so we can better manage your relationship with all ANZ companies
- marketing companies if we acquire contact information to tell people about ANZ products and services that may interest them
- brokers and other parties who may have introduced you to ANZ