ANZ may collect personal information directly from you. For example, when you provide us with your information when you open an account, fill in an application form, deal with us over the telephone, send us a letter, use our website or visit a branch.
ANZ may also collect your personal information:
- By creating insights and other information about you when analysing information we already hold.
- From your browser or device (or technologies associated with your browser or device such as cookies, pixels or apps).
- From publicly available sources such as public registers or telephone directories;
- From third parties you have authorised to act on your behalf such as your accountant or lawyer or joint borrower(s) and account holder(s);
- From other third parties such as:
- credit reporting bodies: for example, if we request a report about your credit history (see Credit reporting);
- other credit providers: for example, if we request information about the products they provide to you;
- organisations we exchange information with: for example, ANZ loyalty partners or organisations ANZ has an arrangement with to jointly offer products or services.
- our related entities: for example, to help provide you with products and services.
- marketing companies: who may, for example, provide us with contact information to help us promote our products and services.
- brokers and other parties: who may have introduced you to ANZ.