You could make the most of your savings with ANZ Progress Saver. Whether you are saving for a special goal or setting up a child's first bank account, ANZ Progress Saver could help you. The ANZ Progress Saver account pays bonus interest in addition to the current base interest when you make at least one single deposit of $10 or more in a month and make no withdrawals or debits in that same month1.
Saving can be challenging, and a disciplined savings plan could make all the difference. With bonus interest1 payable on your savings and no monthly account service fee, ANZ Progress Saver could help you on the way to achieving your savings goals.
On the 30th of April, changes to when ANZ Progress Saver pays/charges interest (base and bonus) and charges fees were made. For further details of this change and a guide on ensuring you receive bonus interest please go to ProgressSaverChanges.
|Amount||Variable interest rate4|
|Bonus variable interest rate1||0.01% p.a. (View current rates)
(Base rate Bonus rate1)
To open an ANZ Progress Saver account online, you must:
- be an Australian resident, with an Australian address - who can complete the ANZ Customer Identification Process in Australia upon opening the account or be an existing ANZ customer
- open your account with a minimum $10 deposit.
If you would like to open an account for a child under 12, the account should be opened in the name of an adult in trust for the child.
The account must be used wholly and exclusively for private or domestic use.
- Reward yourself for saving with bonus interest calculated daily and paid monthly1.
- Make every dollar work harder for you with no monthly account service fee.
- Deposit cash directly into your account through ANZ branches.
- Track your saving progress with a savings graph on each statement.
- Automatic savings plan – automatically transfer funds from your everyday account to your savings account each month.
- Teach children good savings habits and how to manage their bank account.
- Receive one free ANZ Transaction as defined in the ANZ Personal Banking Account Fees and Charges (PDF 112kB) booklet2 – and if you’re under 18, you won’t pay additional ANZ Transaction fees for certain additional ANZ Transactions including Staff Assisted Transactions and Electronic Transactions (for eligible customers). A withdrawal will prevent you from qualifying for bonus interest in that month.
Interest rates shown below only apply to ANZ Progress Saver.
|Amount||Variable interest rate4|
|Bonus variable interest rate1||0.01% p.a. + (View current rates)
(Base rate + Bonus rate1)
Interest on ANZ Progress Saver is calculated daily and paid monthly1.
Fees and charges
Internet banking free
For more information on fees download the ANZ Personal Banking Account Fees and Charges (PDF 112kB) or ANZ Personal Banking General Fees and Charges (PDF 116kB).
Don't want to apply online?
Call 1800 008 177 from 8.00am to 8.00pm (AEST) Monday to Friday
ANZ Progress Saver is covered by the Australian Government Deposit Guarantee scheme3.
Terms and conditions are available on application. Fees and charges apply.
1. Bonus interest is subject to eligibility. ANZ Progress Saver pays bonus interest (in addition to the current variable base interest) in respect of a particular month if the set minimum deposit (currently $10) and no withdrawals, fees or charges are processed to the account on or before the last business day of that calendar month, and after the last business day of the previous calendar month. Bonus and base rates are variable and subject to change.
2. Additional ANZ Transactions charged as: Electronic Transactions $1.00 each and Staff Assisted Transactions $2.50 each. ANZ Transactions, Electronic Transactions and Staff Assisted Transactions are defined in the ANZ Personal Banking Account Fees and Charges (PDF 112kB) booklet.
3. Deposit accounts with ANZ with balances of up to and including A$250,000 in total are guaranteed by the Federal Government without charge. The guarantee applies to the total balance held in one or more ANZ deposit accounts by each legal entity, up to a maximum amount of A$250,000. For further information please refer to the Financial Claims Scheme.
4. Rate is variable and subject to change.
Any advice does not take into account your personal needs and financial circumstances and you should consider whether it is appropriate for you.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.