25,000 bonus Qantas Points after first eligible purchase and no annual fee for the first year.1
- Earn Qantas Points2on your ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum account.
- Get a complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership - apply online at the Qantas website and save $89.503.
- ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum card holders have access to a range of useful Platinum benefits including:
- Overseas travel and medical insurance4, provided by QBE Insurance.
You could save up to $800 on overseas travel and medical insurance (eligibility criteria apply)5.
- Extended Warranty6, 90-day Purchase Security Insurance6 and Rental excess cover4.
- Exclusive offers and benefits with entré for ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum American Express cardholders.
- ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum Visa card holders are eligible for Visa Platinum privileges.
Interest rate on purchases
Interest rate on cash advances
Interest free period on purchases
Up to 55 days8
Minimum credit limit
Total annual fee
- ANZ Visa payWave, a new contactless payment feature on the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum Visa credit card allowing you to pay for purchases under $100 without swiping, signing, or entering a PIN at any participating merchants.
- Worldwide emergency credit card replacement for your ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum cards.
- Add up to 9 additional cardholders to your ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum credit card account.
- Access to optional services:
- Earn Qantas Points2 from everyday purchases
- Qantas Points2 earned are automatically credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account every month.
- Complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership3.
- Overseas Travel and Medical Insurance4.
- Rental Excess Cover4.
- Personal Concierge booking service12.
- 90-day Purchase Security Insurance6 on most items bought with your credit cards.
- Extended Warranty6.
- Best Price Guarantee Scheme: Claim the difference if, within 21 days, you see what you've bought with your Platinum credit card advertised cheaper6.
- Transport Accident Cover when travelling on a plane, tourist bus, train or ferry paid for with your Platinum credit card4.
- Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance against unforeseen events including trip cancellation, flight delays and lost or stolen luggage for holidays of up to 14 days6.
- Exclusive offers and benefits with entré for ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum American Express cardholders.
- Access to Visa Platinum Concierge and Visa Platinum privileges.
How the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum credit card account works
- Two cards, one account, one credit limit.
- Earn Qantas Points2 on eligible purchases.
- Realise true points2 earning power with your ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum American Express card. It's accepted at major supermarkets, department stores, petrol stations and much more.
- ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa Platinum credit card is also accepted at 36 million locations worldwide.
- If you’re not already a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, get your complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership3 now. When you receive your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number, be sure to include it on your application form when applying for an ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum credit card account.
- Compare platinum credit cards
- Compare frequent flyer credit cards
How to apply:
Get a complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership and save $89.503.
You don't need to be an ANZ customer to apply for an ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum card.
ANZ credit card application requirements:
- you are over 18 years of age
- you have a good credit rating
- you are a permanent Australian resident, earning a minimum annual income of $15,000 if applying for an ANZ Credit Card account. If you require a Platinum credit card account or you are a non-permanent Australian resident, you must earn a minimum annual income of $50,000.
Need a simple credit card account and still want to earn Qantas Points2 Consider ANZ Frequent Flyer.
Find out more about ANZ Frequent Flyer
Terms and conditions are available on application. Fees and charges apply.
1. Offer available to new and approved applicants who apply for an ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum credit card account by 13 January 2015. Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions, or when transferring from an existing ANZ credit card or where you currently hold or have closed an ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card within the previous six months. This offer applies only once per customer. Your application must be approved and you must activate the card and make your first eligible purchase (excluding fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, balance transfers and premiums for ANZ credit card insurance) within thirty days of approval to receive the bonus Qantas Points. The bonus Qantas Points will be credited to your account within three months of your first eligible purchase. If you transfer or cancel your new ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum credit card account before the introductory bonus Qantas Points are processed to your account, you may become ineligible for these bonus Qantas Points. ANZ will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever resulting from a delay in the process of receiving and/or approving an application or activating the card. The Total Annual Fee, and any Additional Cardholder Fees and Rewards Program Services Fees applicable to additional cardholders on the account, will be waived for the first year. After the first year for ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum, a Total Annual Fee of $295 applies which includes a $240 Annual Account Fee and a $55 Rewards Program Services Fee, for additional cardholders on an ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum credit card, an Additional Cardholder Fee of $10 and Rewards Program Services Fee of $55 will apply per additional cardholder on the account. These fees are current as at Monday, 27 October 2014 and are subject to change. The fee information displayed on this page applies to new customers only. Existing customers may be subject to different fees and should call 13 22 73 for information regarding the fees that apply to their account. ANZ reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time.
2. Qantas Points and Bonus Qantas Points accrue in accordance with and subject to the ANZ Frequent Flyer Reward Terms and Conditions (please call 13 13 14 for a copy). Eligible purchases exclude cash, cash equivalent transactions and premiums paid for ANZ Credit Card Insurance. You will not earn Qantas Points in respect of purchases which exceed any advised spend cap. Eligible purchases for each statement period for ANZ Frequent Flyer are capped at $3,000 of eligible purchases across all Visa cards on the account and $3,000 of eligible purchases across all American Express cards on the account, and for ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum are capped at $6,000 of eligible purchases across all Visa cards on the account and $6,000 of eligible purchases across all American Express cards on the account. No spend cap applies to ANZ Frequent Flyer Black. Bonus Qantas Points may still be earned once eligible purchases made with your card exceed any applicable spend cap. The Account Holder must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and the earning and redemption of Qantas Points are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program which are available at qantas.com/terms. Earn rates and spend caps are subject to change. Existing customers may be subject to a different earn rate or spend cap on their account. Existing customers should call 13 22 73 for information regarding their ANZ account.
3. This joining fee waiver is offered by ANZ. It is available to new applicants or existing ANZ Frequent Flyer credit card account holders who are not already Qantas Frequent Flyer members and who apply for membership online . This is offer is non-transferable and not available in conjunction with any other offer. Qantas Frequent Flyer membership and each application is subject to approval by Qantas.
4. The Overseas travel and medical insurance master policy, the Transport accident cover master policy and Rental excess cover master policy (the Master Policies) are issued by QBE Insurance Australia Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 AFSL 239545 to ANZ. Cover under the Master Policies is provided to eligible participating cardholders by operation of section 48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth), The eligibility criteria which you must meet for each of the Master Policies is set out in the Premium Cards - Insurance booklet (PDF 356kB) - Part 1 QBE Product Disclosure Statement and policy wordings. When overseas, we recommend that you carry proof of that you have met the eligibility criteria. Any advice has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You must decide whether or not it is appropriate, in light of your own circumstances, to act on this advice. You should ensure you obtain and consider the PDS before you make any decision to acquire it.
5. This estimate is based on a couple/family purchasing a standard international annual multi - trip policy underwritten by QBE without any customisation for pre-existing conditions or without taking into account any special conditions or requests as of 10th March 2014.
6. Extended Warranty Insurance, 90-day Purchase Security Insurance, Best Price Guarantee Scheme and Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance is underwritten by Zurich Australian Insurance Limited ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL 232507. Terms and conditions apply to the cover provided. For more information refer to the Premium Cards- Insurance booklet (PDF 356kB) – Part 2 Zurich Policy Wordings.
8. Interest free periods on the purchases do not apply if you do not pay your Closing Balance (or, if applicable, your 'Closing Balance' less Instalment Plan and Buy Now Pay later plan balances) shown on each statement of account in full by the applicable due date . Payments to your account are applied in the order set out in the ANZ Credit Cards Conditions of Use.
9. After the first year for ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum, a Total Annual Fee of $295 applies which includes a $240 Annual Account Fee and a $55 Rewards Program Services Fee. For additional cardholders on an ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum credit card, an Additional Cardholder Fee of $10 and Rewards Program Services Fee of $55 will apply per additional cardholder on the account. These fees are current as at Monday, 27 October 2014 and are subject to change. The fee information displayed on this page applies to new customers only. Existing customers may be subject to different fees and should call 13 22 73 for information regarding the fees that apply to their account.
10.You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn and redeem Qantas Points. Any Seat Awards are available on any flight with a QF or JQ, 3K, VF or GK flight number. A limited number of seats on selected partner airlines (as offered by Qantas at the time of booking on qantas.com) may be combined with Qantas or Jetstar flights in a Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award. Partner airline flights which may be combined with Jetstar flights in an Any Seat Award are more limited than those which may be combined with Qantas flights. See qantas.com/anyseat for more details. Classic Award seats are subject to capacity controls and availability is limited, particularly around peak times such as school and public holidays. Some flights may not have any Classic Seats available. For Classic Award flights, taxes, fees and carrier charges are payable in addition to the Qantas Points required, are subject to change and are quoted at the time of booking. The ability to redeem taxes, fees and carrier charges for travel entirely within Australia and selected international flights (commencing in Australia) is only available when booking at qantas.com and ’Search Qantas & Partner Classic Awards’ is not selected. For travel entirely within New Zealand, the ability to redeem taxes, fees and carrier charges with Qantas Points is only available on qantas.com when the ‘Search Qantas & Partner Classic Awards’ checkbox is ticked before searching for flights. Classic Award flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure, unless booking on qantas.com where award bookings may be booked up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure for domestic flights and up to 4 hours for international flights. Classic Awards are not available on some routes of oneworld® alliance and partner airlines and some restrictions may apply. For eligible flights see terms and conditions.
11. Selected Qantas products and services are the following items purchased directly from Qantas: Qantas passenger flights (with a QF flight number) Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays, Qantas branded non-airfare products and any Qantas products and services not purchased directly from Qantas.
12. Terms and conditions apply. Please refer to the ANZ Emergency Travel Service & Personal Concierge Terms and Conditions (PDF 76kB) for further information.
American Express is a registered trademark of American Express. This card is issued by Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) pursuant to a license from American Express.
™ ANZ Falcon is a trademark of Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) ABN 11 005 357 522. Falcon is a trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.