Your Pay Anyone payee list is comprised of the recipients you have saved in order to make Pay Anyone payments to them in the future.
You can edit a payment type linked to a payee and have up to 20 payment types linked to a single payee.
Note: Payment types include BSB and Account numbers, phone numbers, email addresses, ABN/ACNs and Organisation IDs.
How do I edit an ABN/ACN for an existing payee?
To edit an ABN/ACN for an existing payee, you’ll need to be logged in to ANZ Internet Banking.
Step 1 - Navigate to "manage payees"
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Select “Manage payees”.
Step 2 - Edit an ABN/ACN
- Find the payee you wish to edit after doing the following:
- Looking through your payees; or
- Filtering your payees using the filter textbox (look for the magnifying glass).
- Enter characters of your payee’s nickname or any payment type.
- Select “Edit” next to the payee you wish to edit the payment type of.
- Select “Edit” next to the payment type you wish to edit.
- Edit the payee’s ABN/ACN.
- Check the payee’s phone number is linked to a bank account by selecting “Check ABN/ACN”.
- If the ABN/ACN is linked to a bank account, a “Save” button will appear.
- Check that the name shown is the name of the person/business you intend to pay before selecting “Save”.
- If the ABN/ACN isn’t linked to a bank account, it will display an error message prompting you to check that the ABN/ACN is correct.
- These updates will be saved immediately within the same ANZ Internet Banking session and you will be returned to the edit payee modal for this payee.
- Select the “X” to return to your Pay Anyone manage payees list
Why can't I edit an ABN/ACN?
You cannot edit an ABN/ACN if you have future or recurring payment/s scheduled to it.
- For example, if you have recurring payments scheduled for a payee’s ABN/ACN, that ABN/ACN cannot be edited.
- You must first cancel any scheduled payments to that ABN/ACN.
If you wish to edit a future dated or recurring payment, the request must be lodged with ANZ Internet Banking prior to 11.59pm Melbourne time on the day prior to the payment date.
Delete a future payment
Need more help?
Choose another topic from the table of contents
Send us a SecureMail
For further assistance please call the ANZ Internet Banking team on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9699 6908) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.