Your Pay Anyone payee list is comprised of the recipients you have saved in order to make Pay Anyone payments to them in the future.
You can add new payment type/s to existing payee/s and have up to 20 payment types linked to a single payee.
Note: Payment types include BSB and Account numbers, phone numbers, email addresses, ABN/ACNs and Organisation IDs.
How do I add a phone number to an existing payee?
To add a new phone number to an existing payee, you’ll need to be logged in to ANZ Internet Banking.
Step 1 - Navigate to "manage payees"
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Select “Manage payees”.
Step 2 - Add a phone number
- Find the payee who you’d like to add a payment type to after doing the following:
- Looking through your payees; or
- Filtering your payees using the filter textbox (look for the magnifying glass).
- Enter characters of your payee’s nickname or any associated payment type.
- Select “Edit” for the payee you wish to edit.
- Under “Add a new payment type”, select “Phone number”.
- Enter the payee’s phone number.
- Check the payee’s phone number is linked to a bank account by selecting “Check phone number”.
- If the phone number is linked to a bank account, a “Continue” button will appear.
- Check that the name shown is the name of the person/business you intend to pay before selecting “Continue”.
- If the phone number isn’t linked to a bank account, it will display an error message prompting you to check that the phone number is correct.
- You will be returned to your Pay Anyone payee list.
Need more help?
Choose another topic from the table of contents
Send us a SecureMail
For further assistance please call the ANZ Internet Banking team on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9699 6908) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.