For your convenience, you can order foreign currency cash via ANZ Internet Banking and pick it up from your chosen ANZ branch.
- The foreign currency cash can be picked up a minimum of four bank business days after the day of your order.
- You can purchase a combination of up to five different foreign currencies in one order.
How do I order foreign currency cash?
To order foreign currency cash:
- Go to the "Payments" menu.
- Select "International services"
- Select the "Order Foreign Cash" link from the in-page menu and follow the steps below.
Before you order foreign currency cash
- You can order between AUD $500 and AUD $5,000 (excluding commission where applicable), subject to the balance of your daily Pay Anyone limit.
- You will not be able to order more than $5,000 (excluding commission where applicable), even if your daily Pay Anyone limit is more than $5,000.
- Your total order will be debited from one account.
Step 1 - Select the account to make your purchase from
- From: choose the ANZ account you wish to use to purchase your foreign currency cash, using the drop down list.
Remember that just one account will be debited for your foreign currency cash orders. You cannot select multiple accounts.
Step 2 - Select the currency
- Select the currency you want to purchase using the "Foreign currency" drop down list.
Step 3 - Enter the amount in foreign currency and click "Calculate"
- Amount (Foreign): enter the amount of foreign currency cash you require.
- Foreign currency cash amounts will be rounded to the nearest denomination available in the currency requested.
- Click "Calculate" - This will display the exchange rate in the Exchange rate field.
- The total order cost (the order amount plus commission, if applicable) will also be automatically calculated and appear in the "Total amount in AUD" field.
Step 4 - Click "Add to list"
- Click the "Add to list" link, which is to the top right of the table.
- This will add the order to your transaction list.
- You can place further orders by following steps 2-4.
Step 5 - Review your order and click "Continue"
- When you have finished adding the orders, review your transaction list to make sure you are happy with the information.
- To delete an order, select the check box and click the "Clear" button.
- You can re-add an order by following steps 2-4.
- Click "Continue" when you are happy with your orders.
Step 6 - Fill in the collection details and click "Continue"
- Collect order from: search for an ANZ branch of your choice by clicking on the "Branch Locator" button. Copy and paste the branch address into the "Collect order from" field.
- Collection date: enter the date you will be picking up the order in the format DD/MM/YYYY. You will need to allow a minimum of four bank business days for your order to be delivered.
- Contact numbers: provide a preferred and alternate contact number, in case we need to contact you about your order.
- Click "Continue".
Step 7 - Review your request
Review all your information to ensure it is correct. If information is incorrect it may result in an unsuccessful order, or delivery to an incorrect collection branch.
- If you notice mistakes click "Back" and re-enter the correct details following steps 1-7.
Step 8 - Confirm your order
- When you are happy with the information entered click "Confirm".This will complete the order and a confirmation message will display.
ANZ Internet Banking for Business operators can click "Request authorisation" to submit the order to the relevant Authoriser or Administrator for approval.
Please note that ANZ Internet Banking for Business Authorisers/Administrators must authorise the transaction on the same day the transfer is lodged, otherwise the transfer will be expired and will need to be re-submitted.
Step 9 - Read and accept the terms and conditions
- Select the check box to acknowledge you have read and agree with the terms and conditions.
- Click the "I Accept" button.
Step 10 - View and print your lodgement receipt
- Your lodgement receipt is displayed to confirm that the order has been submitted successfully.
- This does not mean the order will be processed successfully as that is dependent on the details you have entered being accurate and sufficient available funds being in the account, from which the order is to be processed.
- Please make a note of the receipt number and lodgement number for your own records.
- You can also get your lodgement and receipt numbers from the past payments/transfers section.
- Print a copy of the receipt as you will need to present it along with photo identification when you collect your order at the ANZ branch.
To print the receipt page, click on the "Print" icon in the top right corner.
- A print-friendly version of the page will display. Click on "Print" at the top of the page to print the page.
- If there is no print icon in the top right corner please use your own browser's print function (Control + P).
When you are ordering foreign currency cash, it is your responsibility to ensure the details you provide are correct.
- We do not check payment details.
- If you have a query about your foreign currency cash order you can send us a SecureMail or call the ANZ Internet Banking team on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9683 8833) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- You will need to allow a minimum of four bank business days for your order to be delivered to the branch.
- We will endeavour to complete your order by the date stated, subject to availability. If we cannot complete your order we will contact you as soon as possible, by SecureMail and/or telephone, to discuss your options.
- You must collect your order personally. Photo identification and a copy of the lodgement receipt must be shown at the branch.