Multiple Pay Anyone payments are only available to ANZ business customers. They are a convenient way for your business to make payments to different parties at one go with a single debit to your selected business account.
How do I make multiple Pay Anyone payments?
Step 1 - Navigate to "Multiple Pay Anyone"
Business customers using ANZ Internet Banking:
- Go to the "Payments" menu
- Select "Multiple Pay Anyone"
ANZ Internet Banking for Business customers:
- Go to the "Payments" menu
- Select "Pay Anyone"
- Select "Create a new multiple Pay Anyone transfer"
- Select "Continue"
Step 2 - Enter the from account
- From account: choose the ANZ account you wish to transfer funds from. Only your ANZ accounts that are linked to ANZ Internet Banking will be displayed.
Please note, the multiple Pay Anyone payments will all be processed as a single debit to the business account you have selected. You cannot select multiple accounts to be debited.
Step 3 - Enter the Transfer date
- Enter the Transfer date: choose the date when you want the payments debited from your chosen account. Select the calendar icon or enter the date in the format DD/MM/YYYY (e.g. 22/02/2015).
Remember, all the payments will be processed as one debit from your chosen account on this specified date, so you only need to enter the date once.
Step 4 - Enter Your/Business name
- Your/Business name:
- enter either your own name or the name of your business. The name you enter:
- will appear on the payee's statement so ensure it makes your identity clear to the payee.
- must only contain letters (no special characters e.g. _/@#%^*).
Step 5 - Select the payee details
- Choose a payee to transfer your first payment to.
- If you do not have any payees saved you can select "Maintain payees" to add new payees.
Add a Pay Anyone payee
Step 6 - Enter the transfer amount
- Reference: enter a short reference or message for the payee.
- The payee (recipient) will see this reference on their statement so make sure it clearly identifies the purpose of the payment.
- Amount: enter the amount you wish to transfer, using a decimal point, if applicable.
- When you are happy with the details you've entered, select "Add to list".
- The payment will now display in the list.
Step 7 - Add more payments (if applicable)
- To add more payments to the list repeat Steps 5-6.
- Each time you select "Add to list" the payment details will display in the list.
- If you need to remove a payment select "Remove".
- You can also change the payment amount if necessary by selecting the amount and editing as needed.
Step 8 - Save as a template (if applicable)
If you are an ANZ Internet Banking for Business customer you can save payment lists as a template to make future Multiple Pay Anyone payments quicker.
To save the list as a template, check the box and enter a template name that you can easily identify for future use.
Step 9 - Select "continue"
When you are happy with the information entered click "Confirm". This will complete the transfer and a confirmation message will display
Step 10 - Review your information
Review all your information to ensure it is correct. If information is incorrect it may result in an unsuccessful transfer or the wrong account receiving funds.
- If you notice mistakes select "Back" and re-enter the correct details following Steps 2-10.
- When you are happy with the information entered select "Confirm".
- This will complete the transfer and a confirmation message will display.
ANZ Internet Banking for Business Operators can click "Request authorisation" to submit the transfer to the relevant Authoriser or Administrator for approval.
Step 11 - View your lodgement receipt
- Your lodgement receipt is displayed to confirm that your transaction has been submitted successfully.
- This does not mean the transaction will be processed successfully as that is dependent on the details you have entered being accurate and sufficient available funds being in the account from which the payment is to be made.
- Please make a note of the receipt number and lodgement number for your own records.
When you are making a bill payment it is your responsibility to ensure the details you provide are correct.
- We do not check payment details.
- If payment details are incorrect it may result in an unsuccessful bill payment or the wrong biller or account receiving funds and and the funds may not be recovered.
- If you have a query about a bill payment transaction you can send us a SecureMail or call ANZ Internet Banking Helpdesk on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9699 6908) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- If you are an ANZ Internet Banking for Business customer please call the ANZ Internet Banking for Business team on 1800 269 242 (International callers: +61 3 9699 6908) between 8.00am and 8.00pm Melbourne time, Monday to Friday.
How long do multiple Pay Anyone payments take?
- Transfers are processed overnight on bank business days.
- The time that it takes for the payee's account to be credited will vary depending on the policy and systems of the bank the account is held with.
- Transfers submitted before 6.00pm Melbourne time on a bank business day are processed on that day.
- Transfers submitted after 6.00pm Melbourne time or on weekends or public holidays are processed on the next bank business day.
How to stop multiple Pay Anyone payments
You can stop recurring or future payments by deleting the series from your future payments and transfers list. If you wish to delete a recurring or future dated payment, the request must be lodged with ANZ Internet Banking prior to 11.59pm Melbourne time on the day prior to the payment date.
Please note, you cannot edit a recurring or future dated transfer. You must delete and then re-submit a new payment.
Need more help?
Choose another topic from the table of contents
Send us a SecureMail
For further assistance please call the ANZ Internet Banking team on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9699 6908) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.