Templates are a convenient way to help you create direct debits. Once you save a template you can select it to populate your payments without the need to add the details for each payment individually.
- Adding a new template is quick and easy.
How do I add a new direct debits template?
ANZ Internet Banking for Business customers can easily add a new direct debits template.
- Go to the "Payments" menu.
- Select "Set up business Direct debit".
- Select the "Manage templates" link in the additional links section.
- Then select the "Add template" link and follow the steps below.
Step 1 - Fill in the common template details
- Template name: enter a name associated with the type of payments being made.
- Choose one that you will easily identify for future use.
- Your/Business name: enter either your own name or the name of your business if appropriate. The name you enter:
- will appear on the client/debtors' statement so ensure it makes your identity clear to the client/debtors
- must only contain letters (no special characters eg. _/@#%^*).
Step 2 - Select the client/debtor to be debited
- From: choose a client/debtor to transfer your first payment to, using the drop down list.
If you do not have any client/debtors saved you can select the "Or maintain clients" button to add new client/debtors.
Step 3 - Fill in the transfer amount section
- Reference: enter a short reference or message for the client/debtor.
- The client/debtor will see this reference on their statement so make sure it clearly identifies the purpose of the payment.
- Amount: enter the amount to transfer in dollars and cents with a decimal point.
- For example one thousand dollars would be "1000.00" - Do not include the "$" sign.
When you are happy with the details you've entered, select the "Add to list" button.
- The payment will now display in the list
Step 4 - Add more payments (if applicable)
- To add more payments to the list repeat steps 2-3.
Each time you select "Add to list" the payment details will display in the list.
- If you need to remove a payment select the "Remove" button on the right of the list.
- You can also change the payment amount if necessary by selecting in the amount box and editing it as needed.
Step 5 - Click "Save"
- When you are happy with your new template, select the "Save" button.
Your template will now be saved so you can use it for future direct debits.