If a direct debit is unsuccessful it will appear in your returned items list. It may be unsuccessful due to the client (debtor) having insufficient funds, the client details being incorrect or your direct debit limit being exceeded.
After completing your search you can view returned items list outlining each returned item.
How do I search my direct debit returned items?
ANZ Internet Banking for Business customers can view returned direct debit items, which have been unsuccessful.
- Go to the 'Payments' menu.
- Select 'Set up business Direct debit'.
- Select the 'View returned items' link.
In order to view your returned items you'll first need to search for a specific credit account and date range.
Step 1 - Select your account
- Select the account for which you'd like to view returned items, using the drop down list.
Step 2 - Enter a date range
When entering the date range to search for you can either:
- Choose to search returned items for the last 7, 14, 30, 60, 90 or 120 days, using the drop down list, or
- Specify your own date range that is within the last 120 days.
Step 3 - Click on the "Search" button and view the results
Each returned item listed in the search results will display the following information:
- Return date: the date your account was debited for the dishonoured amount.
- Lodgement reference: the reference number for this returned item.
- Lodgement date: the date the direct debits were processed.
- Amount: displays the returned item amount.
- Actioned: indicates whether or not the item has been actioned by you.
- Blue question mark indicates that the item needs to be actioned.
- Green tick indicates that the item has been actioned.
Step 4 - Mark an item as actioned/un-actioned (if applicable)
A newly returned item will have a status of "un-actioned". Once you've rectified the returned item you can easily mark it as actioned. You can change it back to un-actioned afterwards if necessary.
- Select the returned item, using the radio button under the "Select" column.
- Select the "Mark as actioned" link or the "Mark as un-actioned" at the bottom of the table.
Step 5 - Search again (if applicable)
While viewing the returned items list, you can search again, using the drop down lists at the top of the page:
- Select a different credit account and/or date range.
- Select "View".
This will display a new set of returned items based on your search criteria.