We aim for our savings solutions to be as flexible as possible so we make it easy for you to request to withdraw all or part of your ANZ Term Deposit before the maturity date.
- You choose the withdrawal amount and the account to transfer the funds into, should the request be approved.
- The request gets submitted to us via a SecureMail.
- After you submit the request we'll contact you within 24-48 hours.
It's important to note that:
- any funds withdrawn early will earn a reduced interest rate than that which was originally agreed
- the money you leave in the term deposit will continue to earn the interest rate originally agreed
- there will also be an administration fee payable for any early withdrawn term deposits opened or reinvested on maturity from 6 December 2004.
How do I terminate my term deposit early?
To terminate your ANZ Term Deposit early:
- Go to the home page.
- This is the first page you see when you log on to ANZ Internet Banking.
- Select your term deposite.
- Then select the "Terminate your term deposit early" link.
Step 1 - Enter your withdrawal details
You can choose between two withdrawal options:
Option 1 - Withdraw the full amount of your term deposit
- Click the radio button next to "Full withdrawal of your term deposit".
- This option will close your term deposit account.
Option 2 - Withdraw part of your term deposit
- Click the radio button next to "Partial withdrawal of your term deposit".
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Please note your balance must remain above $5,000.
Step 2 - Enter your payment instructions
- Transfer to account: select the account to transfer the ANZ Term Deposit funds to, using the drop down list.
Step 3 - Fill in your contact details
- Please provide your contact details in case we need to contact you about the request.
- Click "Continue".
Step 4 - Review your request
Review all your information to ensure it is correct.
- If you notice any mistakes or wish to change your request, click "Back" and re-enter the correct details following steps 1-4.
Step 5 - Confirm your request
When you are happy with the details provided, click the checkbox to acknowledge and accept the customer authorisation conditions.
- Click "Confirm" on the bottom right to confirm your request.
What happens next?
- The ANZ Term Deposit team will process your request and respond to your enquiry within two bank business days.
- We will endeavour to process your request within the next bank business day.
Full or partial withdrawal of your ANZ Term Deposit is at the discretion of ANZ, and additional costs may apply.
Need more help?
Choose another topic from the table of contents
Send us a SecureMail
For further assistance please call the ANZ Internet Banking team on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9699 6908) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.