If you would like to allow a close friend or family member to make purchases on your ANZ Credit Card account, in some circumstances they can be issued with a card of their own. ANZ refers to such a person as an "additional cardholder".
The "Add an additional cardholder" function makes adding an additional cardholder to your ANZ Credit Card easy. All you need to do is complete the cardholder's details and accept a declaration of your responsibilities as the primary cardholder.
Note: Although additional cardholders can charge their purchases to your ANZ Credit Card account, you are still responsible for meeting the repayment obligations.
How do I add an additional cardholder?
To add an additional cardholder for your ANZ Credit Card account:
- Go to the Home page, which is the first page you see when you log on to ANZ Internet Banking.
- Select your credit card account.
- Select the "Add an additional cardholder" link and follow the steps below.
Note that only the primary credit cardholder can submit a request for an additional credit cardholder.
Step 1 - Read the overview and select your card
- Read the overview so you understand what is required.
- Click "Continue".
- Select your credit card.
Step 2 - Add additional cardholder details
- Click "Add a cardholder".
- Complete the cardholder's Title (eg. Mrs), First name, Middle name and Surname.
- Complete the cardholder's date of birth, street address 1, street address 2, suburb, state and postcode details.
- Identify whether the cardholder is an existing or new customer to ANZ. If they are a new customer, they will need to visit a branch before they can activate their card.
- Click "Add".
Step 3 - Add another cardholder (optional)
Repeat Step 2 if you wish to add more cardholders.
Step 4 - Complete the decleration
- Click "Next".
- Read the declaration.
- Select the checkbox to acknowledge you have read the declaration.
- Click "Submit" to send the request to ANZ.