Skip to main content

Why do I need to provide my tax residency information?

The Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) provisions in Australian tax law require ANZ to collect tax residency information from all customers to help identify customer accounts that are held by foreign tax residents.

When you open an ANZ Plus account, you’ll be asked for your name, residential address, jurisdiction(s) of tax residence, Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and date of birth. This information forms a tax ‘self-certification’, which is used to confirm if you are a foreign tax resident.

Please note we may need to contact you to confirm your details or request clarifying information.

Updating your tax residency information

If you need to update your tax residency information, including your TIN, after opening an ANZ Plus account, you’ll need to fill out a new ‘self-certification' form on the ANZ AEOI page.

You can also visit the ANZ AEOI page to learn more about the AEOI, including what happens with your information.