Skip to main content

What is a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)?

A TIN is the unique character combination a country uses to identify you for tax purposes.

If you’re a tax resident outside of Australia (a foreign tax resident), you need to give us your foreign Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) so we can comply with our Australian tax law obligations.

If you believe you’re a foreign tax resident but don't have a TIN, it could be because your country uses a different name or acronym to describe their tax identifier or doesn't issue them to individuals.

You can check if your country is listed here.

Updating your TIN or tax residency information

If you need to update your tax residency information, including your TIN, after opening an ANZ Plus account, you’ll need to fill out a new ‘self-certification' form on the ANZ AEOI page.