What's on this page
Things you'll need when you apply
Here's a home loan application checklist for your reference. Do note that we don't need every single one of these documents, but have provided options wherever possible to make things easier for you.
You'll need at least two current forms of ID:
- Driver's licence
- Photo ID (such as a Proof of Age Card, Australian tertiary institution card, Department of Defence, Waterways/Boat Licence).
Don't have any of the above? That's okay, simply provide two of the following original documents:
- Birth certificate
- Citizenship certificate
- Centrelink Pension Card
- Medicare card
- Utilities bill (less than three months old)
- Rates notice (less than three months old)
- Tax assessment notice (less than 12 months old).
Information about your income
To confirm your income, please provide us with either:
- Your most recent payslip confirming at leastdisclaimer 3 months Year To Date (YTD) income; or
- Evidence of your salary credited to your account for the past 3 months. If your salary goes into an ANZ account, you can provide your ANZ account number. Or if your salary goes into an account at another financial institution, you can provide a bank statement or transaction historydisclaimer for the past 3 months.
If you don't have one of the above, or if your most recent payslip doesn't include YTD income, simply provide it with one of the following to confirm you've been employed for 3 months:
- Another payslip dated 3 months prior to your most recent payslip
- Tax return (not older than 18 months)disclaimer and an ATO Notice of assessmentdisclaimer
- A letter from your employer to confirm previous employment.
If you're self employed you'll need:
- Your individual tax return and ATO Notice of Assessment no older than 18 months
- Business Tax Return, Profit and Loss Statement, and Balance Sheet no older than 18 months.
If you also have rental income, please provide one of the following:
- A formal signed lease (either current or new)
- Most recent rental statement
- Rental credits to your ANZ account (bring your account number) or other financial institution account (provide a bank statement or transaction history) for the past 3 months
- Tax return no older than 18 months.disclaimer
If you have any other income such as from interest and dividends, superannuation/pension/annuity, foreign income or government income sources, please bring along evidence of these.
Other financial information
Listing your other assets and liabilities will help us determine your capacity to repay the loan.
- Bank account details for proof of your savings
- A list of any other assets you have (e.g. current term deposit account, share investment statement, superannuation statements, property or motor vehicle assets)
Details of any existing loans (such as home loans, car loans or personal loans) and credit/store cards.
It would also help if you could provide us with an indication of your everyday living expenses, such as groceries, petrol bills or utilities.
If you want to refinance your home loan and you're not with ANZ, we'll need:
- Home loan statements for the last 3 monthsdisclaimer
- A current payout quote for any loans you plan to refinance, including all current fees and charges and any early repayment costs or exit feesdisclaimer.
Details about your property purchase or construction
You'll need to provide us with some information about the property you're buying or building. We won't need this for approval in principledisclaimer, but it will be required before we can finalise your offer.
If you're buying:
- Signed Contract of Sale
- Copy of Transfer of Land
- Proof of Property Insurance
If you're building:
- Council approved building plans, specifications or Building Permit
- Fixed Price Builders Contract
Please bring any documents that can provide information about your current insurance policies, including:
- Home and contents insurance
- Investment property insurance
- Income protection
- Life insurance
- Total and permanent disablement cover
- Trauma cover.