Keep your PIN secure
- Don’t choose a number that’s easy to guess – avoid birth dates, driver’s licence details, phone numbers or any other personal information that someone might be able to guess.
- Choose a PIN that’s unique to you – make it easy for you to remember, but hard for anyone else to guess.
- Take care of it – after you’ve created a secure PIN, make sure you protect it. Don’t write it down or share it with anyone.
If you suspect your PIN has been discovered by someone else, let us know immediately.
Know who you’re buying from
If you’re thinking of making a purchase over the phone or online, make sure you can trust the seller. A telemarketer may ask you for your credit card details, but it could be safer to get their name and call them back on a number you can find yourself (not just the number they give you).
Keep an eye open for unauthorised charges
Regularly look through your statements and transactions. If you find a charge you didn’t make, get in touch with us right away.
Protect yourself online
- There are ways to keep things secure. Read our tips for protecting yourself online.
- Keep track of the latest tricks used by fraudsters.
- Get familiar with threats to your computer, scams and banking frauds, so you don’t become another unfortunate victim.
We suggest you register for ANZ Shield, a free security app that’s stronger and smarter in verifying your ANZ Internet Banking activity. It allows you to generate a one-time passcode (known as a Shield Code) to authenticate certain transactions, for an extra layer of security.
Got a question or security issue? Call us on 13 22 73.
™ ANZ Falcon is a trademark of Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) ABN 11 005 357 522. Falcon is a trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation.
ANZ's colour blue is a trademark of ANZ.