If you're the account holder you can request a card account closure in the following ways:
- Call us on 13 22 73 (or +61 3 9683 9999 from overseas)
- Log on to Internet Banking and select:
- Card Enquiries
- General Card Enquiries
- Request for Account Closure (from Enquiry drop-down menu)
- Drop into any ANZ branch in Australia
- By post, submit your written request to:
Locked Bag No. 10
Collins Street West Post Office
Melbourne, Victoria 8007
Your submission will need to include the following information:
- The credit card account number you wish to close
- Full legal name of the account holder
- Signature of the account holder as authorisation for closure
- Use the form below
We may call you back and ask some security and authentication questions (including confirmation of the account number you wish to close) before providing you with a payout figure (see below for more details).
Please note, to close your credit card account you will need to pay the full outstanding balance, including any accrued interest and fees. This amount is known as the "payout figure" which may change daily.
You can obtain your payout figure at any time by calling us on 13 22 73 (or +61 3 9683 9999 from overseas).
Once your account is closed, you will receive written confirmation from us by post confirming your account has been closed, as well as your closing account statement.
In certain circumstances, a person authorised to act on behalf of the account holder may close an account holder's credit card account in the above ways.