Still not sure which ANZ credit card to apply for?
What's on this page
- ANZ credit card eligibility requirements
- Information needed to complete an online credit card application
- Credit limits
- What happens after you apply for a credit card online?
- Looking for more information or don't want to apply online?
- New customer to ANZ?
- Want a debit card to complement your credit card?
- You're 18 years of age or over
- You have a good credit rating
- You're a permanent Australian resident, earning a minimum annual income of $15,000 if applying for an ANZ credit card account (a minimum annual income of $35,000 for a Platinum credit card and $75,000 for a Black credit card)
- You're a non-Australian permanent resident with more than 9 months remaining on your Visa, earning a minimum annual income of $15,000 if applying for an ANZ credit card account (a minimum annual income of $50,000 for a Platinum credit card and $75,000 for a Black credit card) or have $50,000 in Australian Authorised Deposit-taking Institution (ADI) accounts.
Please make sure you have all the information required before starting, including:
- your email address, to receive a response in 60 seconds
- Australian driver's licence (if applicable)
- your employer's address and contact number (as listed in the White Pages)
- your accountant's name and contact number (if self employed)
- details of your income, assets and liabilities.
We may offer you a credit limit based on the information you provide to us, so it's important to provide us with as much information as possible. Please see Supply application documents for more information.
You can request a specific credit limit or request the maximum credit that may be approved by us. If we approve your application, your maximum credit limit will be determined after processing your application and in some cases, may be lower than your requested limit.
- You should receive a response in 60 seconds, with an online application reference number
- Once approved, you will usually receive your card and welcome kit within five business days
- Your PIN will be mailed two business days after the card is issued
- You’ll need to activate your card before you use it
- You should then find out more about managing your card.
If you have questions about your online application, don't want to apply online or would just like to discuss your options. Please call us on 13 33 33 from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm (AEST) Monday to Friday, 10.00 am to 6.00 pm (AEST) Saturday and Sunday and if you have one quote your online application reference number. You could also visit your ANZ local branch.
As a new ANZ customer, you’ll need to complete ANZ's Customer Identification Process before activating your account. Please visit any ANZ branch in Australia and provide personal identification listed in the Customer Identification Process Acceptable Identification Documents form (PDF 156kB) to do this.
Want a debit card to complement your credit card?disclaimer
An ANZ Access Visa Debit Card gives you some of the benefits of using a credit card while using your own moneydisclaimer. You don’t need a credit application, and you can get one with an ANZ Access Advantage or ANZ Pensioner Advantage account.
All applications for credit are subject to ANZ's credit approval criteria. Terms and Conditions apply and are available on application. Fees, charges and eligibility criteria apply.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.
Any advice does not take into account your personal needs and financial circumstances and you should consider whether it is approriate for you.
Eligibility criteria apply to the issue of ANZ Visa Debit Card.Back to top