Natural disasters can have severe consequences for individuals, business and local communities. We have an important role to play in helping our customers and communities manage and recover from natural disasters.
Our Disaster Relief and Recovery Policy aims to deliver an efficient, coordinated and proportionate response to disasters.
Our emergency relief measures may include:
- financial assistance package for customers
- measures to support impacted employees
- funding for organisations involved in emergency relief – for example direct donations and matching of staff fundraising
- medium to long-term natural disaster recovery grants administered by Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal
- mobilising ANZ volunteers to assist with community rebuilding
- financial advice and planning for recovering local businesses.
We encourage any customer impacted by a disaster to contact our financial hardship team, local branch or relationship manager to discuss how we can help and support you.