ANZ Platinum is your ideal travelling companion and comes with many built-in travel benefits.
Please note that some of these features are applicable to ANZ Platinum only and are not applicable to ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum, ANZ Low Rate Platinum and ANZ Rewards Platinum.
You could plan and pay for your travel in a way that suits you1.
With ANZ Platinum, you have more choice with flexible payment options1 available for travel-related purchases made using your ANZ Platinum account. So you can request the option that best suits your financial circumstances. For travel-related purchases made using your ANZ Platinum with airlines, hotels, travel agents or online travel booking agents over $500 in a single transaction on or after October 23rd 2010 ("qualifying transaction"). Once your qualifying transaction has processed to your account (usually 48 hours from the date you made the transaction) you can call us on 13 22 73 and request to switch these purchases to a flexible payment option.
Each option works differently to help you manage your finances.
Discounted interest rate1
Enjoy a discounted purchases interest rate of 9.99%p.a. for 6 months, starting from the date ANZ processes your request, on your travel-related purchases over $500, which are transferred.
Choose how long you want to take to repay your travel-related purchases over $500 and repay them in set monthly instalments over 6, 12 or 18 months at a discounted rate of purchases interest (9.99%p.a).
Save on the insurance that gives you peace of mind when you’re overseas.
ANZ Platinum also comes with Overseas travel and medical insurance2 at no additional cost.
Overseas travel and medical insurance can provide cover for up to a period of 6 continuous months when travelling overseas for a range of contingencies including:
- overseas medical and dental expenses
- cancellation and additional expenses
- loss or damage of luggage and travel documents
- accidental death and permanent disability
- loss of income
- personal liability
- a range of pre-existing medical conditions are automatically covered and cover for other pre-existing medical conditions may be available at an additional cost.
For more information refer to the ANZ Platinum Cards Insurance booklet (PDF 680kB).
Concierge is at your service 24/7.
ANZ Platinum comes with Platinum Concierge3, an around-the-clock international service that’s like having your own personal travel assistant. It caters for your busy lifestyle, allowing you to access flight information, make last-minute reservations, or even a recommendation on your next holiday. It's also ready to lend a hand in the event that any of your plans are altered, delayed or disrupted while you’re travelling
Call your Platinum Concierge on 1300 580 765 in Australia or, if you are overseas, you can call +61 2 8987 1677 any time from a land line and reverse the charges via the international operator.
Terms and conditions available on application. Fees and charges apply.
1. An eligible merchant is any travel agent, online travel booking sites, airline or hotel, or any merchant ANZ advises as being an Eligible Merchant for the purposes of determining whether flexible payment offers are available. Purchases exclude cash and cash equivalent transactions. To apply to transfer a qualifying transaction to a flexible payment option call 13 22 73 after the transaction has posted to your account. This is usually 48 hours from the date you made the qualifying transaction. Your application must be made within 30 days of the date you made the qualifying transaction. Approval is subject to your accounts being in good order. Total purchases including the qualifying transaction cannot exceed your credit limit. ANZ reserves the right to add, change or withdraw flexible payment options at any time without prior notice. ANZ will not be liable to any loss or damage resulting from a delay in the process of receiving and/or approving applications. Your flexible payment option may be cancelled if you are in default or if you transfer to another ANZ credit card account. Any interest accrued between the date of the purchase and the date the amount is transferred to the flexible payment option will be at the standard variable interest rate applicable to purchases on your card account, subject to any available interest free days credit on the card account. Payments that are made to your account will be assigned as per "Application of Payments" section in the ANZ Credit Cards Conditions of Use. A qualifying transaction can only be transferred to a flexible payment option once.
Instalment Plan: Your Instalment Plan will apply for 6, 12 or 18 months (as applicable) from the next statement date following the date on which your transfer is approved and reverts to the standard variable rate for purchases on your card account after 6, 12 or 18 months (as applicable) from the date the request is processed by ANZ. By requesting an Instalment Plan, you ask us to apply your payments in a particular way. Payments that are made to your account will be assigned as per the "Application of Payments" section in the ANZ Credit Cards Conditions of Use. If you request to change your credit card type in the future, the instalment plan on your current account will transfer to your new account under the same terms. The approved instalment amount will form part of your minimum monthly card account repayments until your Instalment Plan is paid in full or the Instalment Plan expires.
Discounted interest rate: Any part of the amount transferred to an ANZ great rate that remains unpaid after the 6 month offer period will be subject to the standard variable interest rate applicable to your card. Your standard variable interest rates will continue to apply to all other purchases, cash advances and cash equivalent transactions.
2. Overseas travel and medical insurance Master Policy is underwritten by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited, ABN 78 003 191 035, AFSL No. 239545. Terms, conditions, eligibility criteria, limits and exclusions apply. To activate cover under the overseas travel and medical insurance Master Policy, you must meet the eligibility criteria: you must be a permanent resident of Australia, have debited at least $250 worth of eligible overseas travel arrangements to your Platinum card account prior to departing Australia, have a current Platinum card account at the date of any claimable event, have a return ticket to Australia and be 80 years of age or under. Please refer to the ANZ Platinum Cards Insurance booklet (PDF 680kB) - Part 1 QBE Product Disclosure Statement and policy wordings for more information and to decide whether or not this product is right for you. While overseas, we recommend that you carry proof of your overseas travel arrangements purchased on your Platinum Credit Card.
3. Terms and conditions apply. Please see the ANZ Emergency Travel Service & Platinum Concierge terms and conditions (PDF 130kB) for further information.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.