How to check your credit card balance, make a payment, increase your credit limit, or query transactions on your ANZ credit card - it's all here.
- How to make payments, and check your credit card balances, transactions and direct debits
- How to query or dispute transactions on your ANZ credit card
- How to report a lost or stolen ANZ credit card
- How to update your personal details
- How to activate your ANZ credit card
- How to order a replacement ANZ credit card
- How to get a new PIN
- How to change a PIN
- How to choose a PIN
- How to add an additional cardholder
- How to change or increase your credit limit
- How to receive credit limit increase invitations
- How to withdraw consent for credit limit increase written invitations
- How to learn more about your credit card statement
- How to calculate your available monthly income
- How to apply for a credit card balance transfer
- ANZ credit card offers
- How to design your ANZ credit card
- How to change your existing ANZ credit card type
- How to combine your ANZ credit card accounts
- How to request for reinstatement of your credit card account
- How to request an ANZ Frequent Flyer American Express® card
- How to request an ANZ Rewards American Express card
- How to apply for credit card insurance for your existing ANZ credit card
To set up direct debit payments you'll need to complete the CardPay direct application form (PDF 64kB). If you can't download the form please call 13 22 73, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to have the form sent to you.
ANZ Credit cards BPAY® biller code is 6007. Contact your participating bank to make a BPAY® payment to your ANZ credit card from your nominated account. Find out further information about BPAY®.
Option 1: Complete the Customer Transaction Dispute Form (PDF 134kB). Please also attach a copy of any relevant documentation. Once we receive your completed form we will investigate the transaction on your behalf.
Option 2: If you can't download the form, call us on 13 22 73 (international +613 9683 9999), available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and we'll send it out to you.
Please refer to the terms and conditions for your ANZ credit card for further information on disputing transactions.
Call on 1800 033 844 (international +61 3 9683 7043), available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Notify us immediately if:
- your credit card has been lost, stolen or used by someone else
your PIN record has been lost, stolen or has become known to, or used by, someone else.
Call 1800 652 033, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to activate your credit card. You may be required to complete the ANZ customer identification process if you're a new ANZ credit card holder.
Call ANZ on 13 22 73 (international +613 9683 9999), available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to order a replacement card.
You can get a new PIN by calling ANZ on 13 13 14 or visiting any ANZ Branch.
If you know your PIN you can change it at any ANZ ATM.
Choose something easy for you to remember but hard for anyone else to guess. Steer clear of numbers based on your birth date, driver’s licence, phone numbers or other public/semi-public personal information as they can be more easily guessed by fraudsters.
Have you received an offer to increase your credit limit from ANZ?
Option 1: Log onto ANZ Internet Banking - select your ANZ credit card account from the "View Accounts" landing page, then select "Change Credit Card Limit" and follow the prompts.
Option 2: Complete the form enclosed with the offer letter and return it to ANZ.
Option 3: Call ANZ on 13 22 73 (international +61 3 9683 9999) and quote the reference number on the offer letter.
Option 1: Download and complete the Request credit card limit increase/decrease form (PDF 76kB) and return it to ANZ by any of the methods listed on the form.
Option 2: Call ANZ on 13 22 73 (international +61 3 9683 9999), available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Want to know when you may be eligible to apply for a credit limit increase?
New Government legislation means all Australian credit card issuers will be unable to send credit limit increase invitations (offers) from 1 July 2012 unless a customer has provided permission (consent) to do so.
We know that some customers may like the flexibility of a higher credit limit. Receiving credit limit increase invitations may provide a simpler way for customers to apply for a credit limit increase when they need it.
Provide consent via ANZ Internet Banking, calling ANZ 13 22 73 anytime or returning the Credit limit increase written invitation consent form (PDF 200kB).
If you change your mind and want to withdraw your consent to receive written credit limit increase invitations complete the Credit limit increase written invitation withdraw consent form (PDF 152kB), call us on 13 22 73 or visit any ANZ branch.
Learn more by using our credit card statement tool.
Option 1: Log onto ANZ Internet Banking - select your credit card account, then select 'Credit Card Balance Transfer'.
Option 2: Complete the Balance transfer application form (PDF 57kB).
Option 3: Call ANZ on 13 22 73 (international +61 3 9683 9999), available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Complete the Request to combine ANZ credit card accounts (PDF 316kB) form and return it to ANZ by any of the methods listed on the form.
To request reinstatement of your account, simply call us on 13 22 73 between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday or from 9am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday. We may be able to complete your request over the phone.
Alternatively, complete the Credit card application for account reinstatement form (PDF 88kB)
If you are an existing ANZ Frequent Flyer account holder (before 19 July 2009), and would like to request an ANZ Frequent Flyer American Express card to add to your existing ANZ Frequent Flyer account:
- Simply complete the Request an ANZ Frequent Flyer American Express card form.
- Ensure that you download and read
- Introducing ANZ Frequent Flyer (PDF 320kB)
- ANZ Credit Cards Conditions of Use (PDF 336kB)
- ANZ Personal Banking Account Fees and Charges (PDF 112kB)
- ANZ Personal Banking General Fees and Charges (PDF 116kB)
These documents have been amended to include terms relevant to the addition of the ANZ Frequent Flyer American Express card. Alternatively, if you would like to understand the specific amendments made to these documents, please download and read: